granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLVwMnLC0gU​

The first trailer for Castlevania Mirror of Fate has been released online. This includes a look at the game's cutscenes and a brief teaser of the gameplay. It's a 3DS game said to take elements from the non-linear Metroidvania style of previous handheld Castlevania games in the recent past. The game itself however continues as a sequel to the Lords of Shadow reboot instead of being part of the original Castlevania canon. While the game is a sidescroller at heart, the visuals are built with polygons using a cel shaded style. So the game has a rather striking art style.

Mirror of Fate does not have a release date yet, so keep an eye out for upcoming news about the game. More info may become available on the game during this week at E3.

icon11.gif
Source

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm so relieved it's 2D gameplay with Metroidvania style! Day 1 purchase :D

Wut?

2D gameplay yes, but I don't see anything about this game being metroidvania (open castle exploring/item collecting) at best it's a regular old school castlevania with 3D (like dracula x chronicle on psp)

I will definitively buy this game, but I'm disappointed they don't continue the successful path of the GBA/DS games.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm so relieved it's 2D gameplay with Metroidvania style! Day 1 purchase :D

Wut?

2D gameplay yes, but I don't see anything about this game being metroidvania (open castle exploring/item collecting) at best it's a regular old school castlevania with 3D (like dracula x chronicle on psp)

I will definitively buy this game, but I'm disappointed they don't continue the successful path of the GBA/DS games.

...elements from the non-linear Metroidvania style of previous handheld Castlevania games...

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, the non-linear comments came from earlier information in case you want a source to that-
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=178143

It mentions the gameplay being similar to Dawn of Sorrow and Order of Ecclesia, with non-linear exploration and discovery. And there are also apparently some parts of the game that will shift to a 3D environment as opposed to simply sidescrolling.

Reactions: 2 people

dmace81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks badass. Don't know any of the other castlevania lord of shadows games. But this looks good to me. Might be a halfway good translation to the U.S. instead of the regular wierd anime stuff. No offense just kinda wanting something different for the series.

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
Finally a REAL castlvainia game AND its on the 3ds!!!
might actually get it (even though i havent finished part 1 ^^ lol ..... cuz it kinda sucked..... alot. didnt really feel like a castlevania game)

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at least the game is 3D and not sprite based but honestly I'd have kinda liked to have seen the belmonts return in 2-D sprite form oh well! still gonna be a must buy for me :)

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at least the game is 3D and not sprite based but honestly I'd have kinda liked to have seen the belmonts return in 2-D sprite form oh well! still gonna be a must buy for me :)

So you're glad the game isn't sprite based... but you want it to be sprite based at the same time? I don't think I follow your logic there.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'll buy this, if it get released on e-shop! :D
The game looks good!
Honestly, I don't see why people complain so much about 3D castlevania.
For me, Lords of Shadow was a outstanding game!

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
As long as it plays like the DS Castlevania (2D style), insta-buy.

I'd rush down 20 kilometers to the gamestore if it's only physical.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn