Castlevania LOSMOF HD PORT, skipping wii u

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y'all remember that Castlevania game that came out exclusively on 3DS yes? It was an ok game but had its minor issues here and there which left it a bit of a mediocre title.
Well an updated and HD version of the game is coming out for the 360 and PS3! And yet... Will be skipping over Nintendo's own home console...
Despite launching exclusively on Nintendo 3DS earlier this year, Mirror of Fate will be upgraded for the living-room TV experience in a digital release on Xbox Live and PSN this October. The 3DS version received solid reviews, but was marred by graphical glitches, framerate issues and average sales.
A Wii U version, unless things change, will not surface from the dark.
Source: http://www.cubed3.com/news/19402/1/castlevania-3ds-gets-hd-port-skips-nintendo-wii-u.html

Seems strange to me that a game that launched exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS (much like Resident Evil Revelations at the time) and then gets a HD port, would skip the wii u. Then again, it could just show how much faith people actually have in Nintendo's home console vs their handheld console. Thoughts?
(Forgive the formatting, I posted on tapatalk)

Reactions: EZ-Megaman
D

Deleted_171835

Already finished the game on the 3DS and it isn't anything special. I mean, for a handheld game it was okay but its flaws are just going to be more glaringly obvious blown up on the big screen.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
MOF wasn't that bad actually. It was Lords of Shadow in 2D and if that's what you want, that's what you get.
personally, I DON'T want an igavania or more LOS games. Close the series with LOS2 as promised and move on.
I would like to see somebody else take on the franchise.
for example take a look at my wii homebrew:

Reactions: Geren

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just a quick cash-in, I suspect. PS3 and 360 versions are much more profitable than PC or Wii U ports, and require less effort. Regardless, after the framerate issues with ZoE HD and the complete mess that was Silent Hill HD, I'm not buying any more Konami HD ports.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I would have bought this for the 3DS, but the demo was a little underwhelming and a bunch of other games got released so I never really gave it a serious thought. I might pick it up out of a bargain bin after Xmas, but I won't be buying it for the PS3 or 360.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kinda odd they'd spare the Wii U the shame of bearing that game, but I guess they figured Nintendo devices had taken enough abuse with it originally being a 3DS exclusive.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I heard the game was kinda shitty, I'd just rather play like... a good Castlevania game instead.

Like Symphony of the Night, Symphony of the Night is a good game.

Symphony of the Night is a great game.... but a bad Castlevania game.

Now.. Super Castlevania IV.... that's where Castlevania has reached the peak of perfection.

WoJjTeK

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Symphony of the Night is just (one of)the best games of the new(well, it used to be new, now we have a lot of those games) direction they chose for Castlevania, namely Metroidvania. I actually like it very much, but I also miss old Castlevania games, where the only thing that counted were your skills and your whip, not the items and equipment you had. I played LoS demo, and I had mixed feelings - it was weak castlevania game, but I was hoping that it'll be good action game with nice combat mechanics. It seems that it's not.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems David Cox has been hinting a PC version of Mirror of Fate HD will be happening, might wait around for that

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest we go to change.org and start a petition demanding that Konami make a Wii U port of MoF, and that they release it for free, and that they give everyone ice cream and hundred dollar bills. You should set the goal for 100 signatures so that they know we mean business.

I'd do it myself, but I'm far too much of an activist to be active.

Reactions: GameWinner

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Didn't really like the new take on this series, so all I can say is good riddance to this game for sparing the Wii U. I've enjoyed both the classicvanias and Igavanias, and though I don't necessarily hate LoS as a game, it would have been best kept as a stand alone series instead of bearing the Castlevania name.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.