Castlevania II SRAM Hack

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, May 5, 2011.

May 5, 2011

Castlevania II SRAM Hack by Another World at 7:00 AM (2,302 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    Castlevania II SRAM Hack
    NES Hack News
    [​IMG]

This hack replaces the Castlevania II password system with an SRAM save. The hack basically saves the contents of the password, automatically, and provides the user with options to save and continue. Please see below for more information and a download link.

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Source

2. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    I wish all password games had something like this. As much as I like having 64,000 passwords written down, I do like the save and load system more.

3. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    HOLY SHIT!

This game MIGHT just be worth playing again for me now. I never really liked it, and I tried my best to enjoy it but it just seemed shitty to me compared to the other NES Castlevania games. The tip of the SHITICEBERG was always popping in my cart just to enter that damn long ass password.

Now that it has a "legit" save feature (I always have hated save states) I will give it another try, since I know you like the game Another World. [​IMG] My fellow retro gamer.

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aip2aIt0ROM[/youtube]

It's not just you, dude. Don't feel bad.

5. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia

6. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States

I haven't seen an Egoraptor video in AGES. That was great. [​IMG]

Still, though, I think the part I have learned to like about Simon's Quest is the variety of weapons. I like being able to switch between shit on the fly instead of relying on what comes around (although that works great in the other games, having to use strategy to know which weapon to use). Also the fact it is very open ended can become VEEEEEEERRRRRRYYYY FUCKING FRUSTRAT-

but it still was pretty ambition though. I'll give it that. I'm not saying I LIKE IT MORE THAN 1 and 3, I just hate it less and can enjoy it a bit more now when I do a Castlevania marathon.

I think another thing they did right was the sheer amount of content in it. It has a lot of shit you can do. The fact that the game is more focused on EXPLORING rather than just platforming is pretty cool too. I like the later games in the series (for the GBA, and DS) and they ARE in fact very similar to Simon's Quest. Personally Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow are two of my favorites, I LOVE Symphony of the Night as well. But Dracula's Curse and IV are BY FAR some of my favorite platformers ever.

IV brought so much AWESOMENESS and MANLINESS to the table, it was almost too much to bear. the graphics were great, it had exploration AND great platforming (combining ideas from 1,2, AND 3), great fluid controls, EIGHT DIRECTIONAL WHIPPING, and crazy cool boss battles.

7. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Oh don't get me wrong, I like exploring and various weapons and I'm a fan of new castlevania games, just most people get into 2 thinking it would be like 1.

8. relminator

Member relminator GBAtemp Fan

Philippines
    I happen to like Castlevania II more than I and III. ;*)

9. Sir_Voe

Member Sir_Voe GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Simon's Redaction is another cool patch for Castlevania 2. Makes the clues much easier to understand, in addition to speeding up the day/night transition and other assorted imrovements.

10. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Does this patch work with Simon's Quest Redaction?