Hacking Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow with an M3 Real (latest fw)

sabinraijin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I have a bad dump or does M3 Real not like playing Dawn of Sorrow? I used to own an M3 Perfect (mini-SD version) which played Dawn of Sorrow just fine but Portrait of Ruin froze like crazy. Now with the M3 Real, both games freeze. I always thought Slot-1 solutions fixed the freezing problems PoR had, but I can't really explain what's going on with DoS. I just arrived at the Wizardry Lab and all of a sudden some sprites have garbled green graphics and it freezes not long later in usually the same places.

Order of Ecclesia plays without flaw.

Oh, and I don't think it's my micro-SD card because Dawn of Sorrow's intro movie plays flawlessly, unlike with my old M3 Perfect and slow mini-SD card I had.

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sabinraijin said:
Do I have a bad dump or does M3 Real not like playing Dawn of Sorrow? I used to own an M3 Perfect (mini-SD version) which played Dawn of Sorrow just fine but Portrait of Ruin froze like crazy. Now with the M3 Real, both games freeze. I always thought Slot-1 solutions fixed the freezing problems PoR had, but I can't really explain what's going on with DoS. I just arrived at the Wizardry Lab and all of a sudden some sprites have garbled green graphics and it freezes not long later in usually the same places.

Order of Ecclesia plays without flaw.

Oh, and I don't think it's my micro-SD card because Dawn of Sorrow's intro movie plays flawlessly, unlike with my old M3 Perfect and slow mini-SD card I had.

OoE works flawlessly on all cards I think. PoR has freezing problems on most retail flashcarts. DoS randomly froze on me about 3 times (R4). Maybe you've got a bad dump?

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never experienced freezes in any Castlevania game with my Class-6 4GB card. I'm thinking it's a bad dump or a bad file copy.

sabinraijin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose it was a bad dump, got a different one (US instead of E) and it works fine, played through Wizardry Lab with no problems. Athough.....

AXYPB said:
I never experienced freezes in any Castlevania game with my Class-6 4GB card. I'm thinking it's a bad dump or a bad file copy.

This kind of surprises me, especially the "any" Castlevania part, unless you've never played Portrait of Ruin. PoR was pretty well known for its freezes although I was still dismayed to find out that my new slot-1 solution didn't fix it like I was led to believe it would
frown.gif

Anyways thanks y'all for the responses.

Rob_Threat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sabinraijin said:
This kind of surprises me, especially the "any" Castlevania part, unless you've never played Portrait of Ruin. PoR was pretty well known for its freezes

I never had any issues with any Castlevania game freezing on any M3 device. Bad dumps, slow SD cards, and user error were the issues... not the M3 hardware... Slot-1 or Slot-2.

yaynds.gif

have I been lucky?
rolleyes.gif

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sabinraijin said:
This kind of surprises me, especially the "any" Castlevania part, unless you've never played Portrait of Ruin. PoR was pretty well known for its freezes although I was still dismayed to find out that my new slot-1 solution didn't fix it like I was led to believe it would
frown.gif
I went through all of Portrait of Ruin without ever experiencing a freeze on my Real. A high-speed card (Class-4 or higher) is fast enough to overcome problems with games known to freeze in this way.

rLin

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have freeze problem in Down of Sorrow(E) with my m3real (with V4.2d software) too. When fight with Dmitrii Blinov, game freezes stable. Music playing, buttons are not working, picture freezing
smile.gif
I have .sav file with this problem.
But I have dstt (probably fake) also and I keep boot files for both on the TF-card. I changed m3real to dstt and passed this place without any changes on TF-card. I think freeze problem is a m3real problem.

T

The Jackal

When I encounter the Puppet Master-boss (the one which gives you the soul that lets you toss puppets and switch places with it) the music is gone, and when I beat it end exit the room the games freezes. The game also freezes if I die on the boss. So apparently, since the music is gone when I encounter him, the glitch/bug/error is present. Is there a way to circumvent this issue?

EDIT:
Tried a bunch of different firmwares, all of them gave me the same issue.
So I copied my .sav and loaded it up in No$GBA, beat the boss, saved. I then converted the save at: http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php
Changed the newly generated extension .0 into .sav, copied it back onto the SDHC-card and loaded the game as usual in Sakura. Worked like a charm. Quite a process, but atleast I'll be able to continue.. that is, until I (hopefully not) hit another freeze somewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...