e_man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
is there anyway to get souls more frequently? or does they just come out of monsters at random? cause i want some mini-devil(dunno if thats the name) souls and some other, and they never seem to drop.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some are more rare than others and it can be a real pain to get some of the souls. The only way to make them show up more is to equip the Soul Eater Ring (or whatever it's called), which you have to buy for some exorbitant amount of money. You can also get them to show up more frequently by maxing out your Luck stat with the Ghost Dancer soul and equipment.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
yeah.. there are ways to get em faster... soul ring and more luck. I suggest killing those flying dancing ghosts.. Their spirit gives more luck. Kill every enemy a gazillion times to see what they drop and based on what they drop and what it's selling for... Make money!
biggrin.gif

Edit: Bah Hooya beat me to it.. GJ!

e_man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks alot guys, just gonna go now and get some dancing ghosts then... thought there would be a way to make things easier, it seemed to be more grinding otherways than world of warcraft
tongue.gif

so another question, the other castlevania game, is it fun too?
whats the difference?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You mean Portrait of Ruin?

It's great. Best one in the series I think. It's a slightly different take on the game. It uses the touch screen even less than DoS, but you don't really miss it.

You have two characters to control and they each have different abilities. The two character puzzles are a nice touch. There are no Souls to collect, as PoR isn't a Soma story line, instead the monsters just drop items and spells. The "monster farming" thing still exists, and you still get rewarded for getting all the abilities possible. PoR is a great game, but it has problems running on most flashcarts.

e_man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You mean Portrait of Ruin?

It's great. Best one in the series I think. It's a slightly different take on the game. It uses the touch screen even less than DoS, but you don't really miss it.

You have two characters to control and they each have different abilities. The two character puzzles are a nice touch. There are no Souls to collect, as PoR isn't a Soma story line, instead the monsters just drop items and spells. The "monster farming" thing still exists, and you still get rewarded for getting all the abilities possible. PoR is a great game, but it has problems running on most flashcarts.
think i might try that one when i have completed some games i have on the flashcart. hmm would be supprised if it didnt work on my g6, with the latest patch, nearly all the games i have tried worked. cant remember a game that havnt worked, and if i dont get it to work, i just look at the m3 wiki game compability, what setting i should use
biggrin.gif

is it work playing the games on gba? i have a gba cart with a castlevania name, dunt remember the name of it though

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion the only GBA Castlevania game worth playing is Aria of Sorrow, which comes just before Dawn of Sorrow in the series. It's awesome. Although it might be slightly disappointing after playing DoS.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
e_man that probably is Circle of the Moon.. and yeah, it's a great game. then again, I haven't played a sidescrolling castlevania I haven't liked.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte