Castlevania Advance Collection rated for release by Australian Ratings Board

AriaofSorrowCover.jpg

The Australian Ratings Board is known for accidentally letting games slip prior to their official announcements. Today's most recent leak involves Konami working on a collection of Game Boy Advance games for new platforms. Simply titled Castlevania Advance Collection, the game is listed as having M2 working on it as a developer, who previously assisted in re-releasing the highly-acclaimed 3D Classics line of SEGA games for the Nintendo 3DS. If the re-pack is legitimate, which it almost certainly is at this state of being rated for official release, it would likely feature the three Castlevania games that were available for the GBA: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, and Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance. No further details such as platforms or release date are currently known.

:arrow: Source

Azael_inf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yooo. Love me some Aria and Circle. Hopefully it's a bit more than a repack. Wouldn't mind a music gallery or some concept art here and there.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How the fuck isn't SOTN on PC and Switch by now? Yes, I know I can emulate it, and have ages ago. But it'd be nice to give them money for it on PC!

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Conceptually this is awesome, but
It's gonna be full of ugly as hell borders you can't turn off and some unnecessary extra modes
And that will be their excuse to make it severely overpriced.

If these retro game releases costed what they should, like a dollar or two (for a rom) I would buy these damn things like candy instead of waiting forever for a sale to then reevaluate my life choices and think if buying this will bring enough joy to make it worth the $15 they're asking.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if this is for the switch, it will definitely be a buy for me. hoping it's like $30 or so for these three games. they're only around 10 hours apiece.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I was shocked to see my favorite game of all tome on the front page. Thanks @Chary. Incidentally, I downloaded it so long ago from this very place. :)

Anyway, finally a compilation worth having! Hopefully it comes to PC instead of being locked into the land of Joycon Drift.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Conceptually this is awesome, but
It's gonna be full of ugly as hell borders you can't turn off and some unnecessary extra modes
And that will be their excuse to make it severely overpriced.

If these retro game releases costed what they should, like a dollar or two (for a rom) I would buy these damn things like candy instead of waiting forever for a sale to then reevaluate my life choices and think if buying this will bring enough joy to make it worth the $15 they're asking.
actualy official cartridges for those games are preety expensive nowadays so this might be cheaper than buying these games the legit way.

talking about the official gba cartridges not the bootlegs on ebay and such.

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
Limited Run Games releases stuff for the Gameboy Color sometimes too. They did a reprint of Shantae for it not long ago, before the switch port.

Problem is that I can just pay a Chinese guy to make any cartridge I could ever want, for $5--10

They'll charge like $30-40 for this

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Problem is that I can just pay a Chinese guy to make any cartridge I could ever want, for $5--10

They'll charge like $30-40 for this
ýeah with a batery save and batery dies and your save goes to hell, not to mention you can only use it on gba or ds consoles wich has crappry resolutions, if this come to switch you will get a very crisp details and maybe even save states and all the modern comodities and even play on the tv.

heck 30$ for this collection would be amazing imo, totally worth it imo just the resolution and details you get on gba emulators is amazing and playing it on the go and tv is just added bonus and not depending on battery to save your game is also a plus, talking about a legit way tough, of course you can pirate and get all this but we are talking legit stuff.

Reactions: Skelletonike

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the original games on the gba are actually worth something? I have all three complete, I believe. I dumped all of my gba games and saves using the ds. they're now on my ds, 3ds, and gba (everdrive). I never sold my gba collection, but I did sell almost all of my ds and 3ds collection after exploiting the consoles. just have etrian odyssey 3 and 4, I believe, since it's my favorite series on the ds/3ds. :D

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
ýeah with a batery save and batery dies and your save goes to hell, not to mention you can only use it on gba or ds consoles wich has crappry resolutions, if this come to switch you will get a very crisp details and maybe even save states and all the modern comodities and even play on the tv.

heck 30$ for this collection would be amazing imo, totally worth it imo just the resolution and details you get on gba emulators is amazing and playing it on the go and tv is just added bonus and not depending on battery to save your game is also a plus, talking about a legit way tough, of course you can pirate and get all this but we are talking legit stuff.

Save batteries lasts for 10-20 years, and that's nothing but a simple solder job

I'm from a different time

I was alive when the Gameboy pocket was still hi tech, and the Gameboy color was the latest handheld, there was no gba yet, ps2 or game cube, so imho not crappy

Everything you mentioned can also be solved using a flash cart too

Likely that this would be something that's gonna be on the switch

It's not economical to produce games for a console you've already discontinued, yeah there's a market, but it's niche and can be pedantic

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Save batteries lasts for 10-20 years, and that's nothing but a simple solder job

I'm from a different time

I was alive when the Gameboy pocket was still hi tech, and the Gameboy color was the latest handheld, there was no gba yet, ps2 or game cube, so imho not crappy

Everything you mentioned can also be solved using a flash cart too

Likely that this would be something that's gonna be on the switch

It's not economical to produce games for a console you've already discontinued, yeah there's a market, but it's niche and can be pedantic
im from gbc era too, gbc was my first console and right after that i got an n64, i still rather buy a physical release of every game on current consoles than paying for bootlegs or using flashcards if there is such option, heck i buy most remasters/remakes/collections of games i love, to show support for the series and to play on current hardware too and to see if they make a new installment, if people dont buy the collections/remasters and whatever companys just give up the ip thinking there is no market most of the times.

For instance if crash trilogy remake wouldnt have sold well we would have had a 4th game and i love that, i still hope spyro gets a new game to, so supporting official castlevania releases to have a better chance of a new castlevania game being it 3d or 2d.

MadMakuFuuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if people dont buy the collections/remasters and whatever companys just give up the ip thinking there is no market most of the times.

if emulation and ROM preservation (and even piracy) never existed, i bet you that those remasters/collections are never be released. see what Nintendo did and still do for preservation, for example. they don't give a sh*t. heck, they even ctrl+C ctrl+V a dump rom of Mario dumped for preservation projects, to put on collections, because (at the time) they not even had a backup of the game themselves.

i don't believe that buy, or not, a collection of old games, prove anything to the company. but yeah, i respect your opinion. ps: i do own my personal collection of games and consoles too XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there