Castlevania Advance Collection rated for release by Australian Ratings Board

AriaofSorrowCover.jpg

The Australian Ratings Board is known for accidentally letting games slip prior to their official announcements. Today's most recent leak involves Konami working on a collection of Game Boy Advance games for new platforms. Simply titled Castlevania Advance Collection, the game is listed as having M2 working on it as a developer, who previously assisted in re-releasing the highly-acclaimed 3D Classics line of SEGA games for the Nintendo 3DS. If the re-pack is legitimate, which it almost certainly is at this state of being rated for official release, it would likely feature the three Castlevania games that were available for the GBA: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, and Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance. No further details such as platforms or release date are currently known.

:arrow: Source

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

I hate Konami maybe more than anyone because of how they did Kojima as Metal Gear Solid is my favorite series, but I do give them a little bit of credit for releasing this especially if it's on all platforms like PS4/5/Xbox Series X and PC, but I'm guessing since it says "Advance" it's only going to be on Switch. Nobody hates on Capcom when they re-release the Mega Man games 1000 times and these games have never been re-released. They're very very good and deserve it.

Stuff releasing on GBA??
View attachment 267436

I could end up being wrong but I don't think these are being re-released on the GBA.

Last edited by ,

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M2's involvement indicates either a port to a new console or emulation, which they're pretty much the best at, IMO.

I really hate what Konami did to Castlevania (not to mention Contra and Metal Gear). M2 know what they're doing, but I doubt that they'll be given the green light to add any new features for a package of this type. It will probably be straight emulation with save states and a few quality of life improvements but little more.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Still dreaming of a collection of ALL 2D Castlevania games in one set -- but more than just a set of ROMs in a mediocre emulator: One button reserverd to seamlessly switch between original graphics and sound and a HD remake.

Okay. Time to wake up and get realistic again. Not gonna happen.

Reactions: Alexander1970
D

Deleted User

To be honest, I have those ROMs because I enjoy the Artwork but I am not a fan of playing on a Handheld due to my lack of skills with the Genre.
The original GBA versions have either been designed with a low pixel count or executed as such for the Hardware limitations.

My hope is that it's the latter and that this release is the original quality we never got and could never get just by upsampling on an Emulator.
Otherwise, I don't see the point of purchasing for anyone that can already crack the Switch and install Homebrew, let alone GBA owners in 2021 if that is the case.

D

Deleted User

To be honest, I have those ROMs because I enjoy the Artwork but I am not a fan of playing on a Handheld due to my lack of skills with the Genre.
The original GBA versions have either been designed with a low pixel count or executed as such for the Hardware limitations.

My hope is that it's the latter and that this release is the original quality we never got and could never get just by upsampling on an Emulator.
Otherwise, I don't see the point of purchasing for anyone that can already crack the Switch and install Homebrew, let alone GBA owners in 2021 if that is the case.

Not everyone is into roms, it's not even close to half that are so you can't see things through just "why release it because you can play the roms" Again I give Megaman as an example there's probably been close to a dozen re-releases of their old games they released Legacy Collection of the original Megamans and X and last year or 2 years ago they did Zero Collection with ZX and I don't remember anybody complaining. You could obviously play the roms of any of those games too. If you don't want to buy it then don't it's that simple.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

... Maybe try reading more before going on a rant.

I addressed the fact I have ROMs for the GBA version, alongside the fact that GBA owners already have the original Games on their consoles.
The fact that M2 is doing this as stated in the Article may prove there is more information than we original know, since their release of the SEGA Classics on the 3DS provided Autostereoscopy, of which I also own all three Titles.

If you don't like ROMs, then probably best not to buy the same Game for a new Console or Handheld because that's what Ports basically are.
So what is your point here.

Last edited by , , Reason: Typo.
D

Deleted User

... Maybe try reading more before going on a rant.

I addressed the fact I have ROMs for the GBA version, alongside the fact that GBA owners already have the original Games on their consoles.
The fact that M2 is doing this as stated in the Article may prove there is more information than we original know, since their release of the SEGA Classics on the 3DS provided Autostereoscopy, of which I also own all three Titles.

If you don't like ROMs, then probably best not to buy the same Game for a new Console or Handheld because that what Ports basically are.
So what is your point here.

Because nobody cares about rom collectors you're stating the most obvious thing ever by saying "if you own the rom there's no reason to buy it" You're not supposed to have the rom in the first place. It's just a stupid point.

How many other games get rereleased and you want to complain about these 3 that have never been rereleased and are almost 20 years old just dumb. Most people only buy games and do not have 3 obscure gameboy advance games in 2021. Only hardcore gamers and piraters but those are not the majority of gamers so stop thinking that the way you do things is the only way there's a perfectly good reason to re-release these.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Skelletonike
D

Deleted User

You're not supposed to have the rom in the first place.

If you buy a Port then you basically own a ROM; the difference is that that one is being sold to you by the Official Developer.
The logic of your statement isn't all there.

But I understand what you mean.

I just don't have the Hardware for GBA so I use the ROMs.
What people do with their money is up to them, and my statement was for people who can already crack their Switch or own the GBA.

If you actually read. No edits there.
So, again, what is this stupid point you're trying to argue.

D

Deleted User

Just put a paperbag over your head you're too narrowminded you're stealing these games and then you complain when the companies want to rerelease them and make money off them that's being ignorant. If everyone thought the way you did games would cease to exist because everyone would be stealing them and companies would go out of business. You're not worth anymore of my time.

And you think I didn't get your point about "someone who owns the rom has no reason to buy it" Well no shit. Then you try to act like "buying it is having the rom" that's not what you meant you're talking about stealing the game.

Last edited by ,

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Cool stuff. I prefer these games over the DS ones. Circle of the Moon is a cool game, and this validates that it is now part of the official time-line.

I hope they come to the Switch. Cart form, please, thanks.

ZeroT21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The graphics of Castlevania - Harmony of Dissonance never hit it off for me honestly, and if that goes HD or even 4k...:gun:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah I can still go for totinos