Castlevania Advance Collection rated for PC and consoles

19cea60a327a5954667b35365e4afb9b.jpg

When games get close to release, they can occasionally get accidentally leaked through the various video game rating boards across the world. In the case of the unannounced Castlevania Advance Collection, its existence was revealed back in June, when the Australian Ratings Board let it slip. Konami still hasn't said anything official about the collection existing, but it has been leaked a second time, through the Taiwanese Ratings Board, which has given us new information in the form of the platforms Castlevania Advance Collection will be coming to. It'll pack together the three Game Boy Advance Castlevania titles, Aria of Sorrow, Harmony of Dissonance, and Circle of the Moon, and will be available on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC. The ratings board has since deleted the entry for the game, however, a screenshot was taken prior to its removal. Currently, there is no release date for the collection.

castle.jpg

:arrow: Source

GTRagnarok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got Bloodstained on PC. The only 2D Castlevania I've really played is SOTN, and it's probably in my top 10 games over all time, so I've been going through all the portable Castlevania games before playing Bloodstained, to see what I've missed out on. Almost done with the GBA trilogy now, and I have to say that it keeps getting better and Aria of Sorrow is far and away my favorite of the three. That's probably because it most resembles SOTN. Personally, I dislike using the whip in the 2D games. Each attack feels so slow. Never liked playing as Richter in SOTN. Using swords like Alucard and Soma is a lot more fun to me. Hoping the DS trilogy keeps the fun coming. /blog

Reactions: autofire

Missing Number

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wish they'd remake them, or atleast remaster.

Circle of the moon, while not entirely painful to the eyes or ears, there are some control things. like gravity is way too high in that.

Harmony of Dissonance, while not entirely painful in the control department. eyes and ears will bleed

Aria of Sorrow..... no complaints really lol. i'd love it if they'd all get widescreen'd, updated graphics / controls

would make more sense for aria and dawn to get released together though....

but wishful thinking is pointless.... it is konami after all........ i'd quicker get goemon or suikoden

Homebound

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is cool but if there is no enhancements then I'll pick it up when it's $10 or less. Still hoping for an official SOTN PC port someday.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I prefer the DS games. It's still cool, but what are they even waiting for to release Symphony of the night on the Switch seriously ???

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i only played COTM.... never tried the other two. still these are just retro quick cash grabs.

Lodad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always liked Aria of Sorrow, but I wish this collection had the DS games, too.
Especially since at least DoS has awesome romhacks to completely negate the need for touchscreen gimmicks (bosses die without needing to do seals and weapons can break the crystals once you have the soul) and one to fix the dead luck mechanic.

Also, SotN visual remaster is needed. Leave everything but the visuals and maybe upgrade the pause menu interface, as well as let us sell items other than jewelry and I'd gladly buy that!

Last edited by Lodad,
Reactions: AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
NDS games are probably going to be less common considering that they require two screens. But I am sure someone would eventually think of something.
Well, if Konami actually gave a crap about proper porting jobs, they could make the top screen (the less important of the two) smaller and place it adjacent to the bottom screen, like what the Wonderful 101 remaster did, I believe.
...And patch out the damn Magic Seals in Dawn of Sorrow, too. Like fans have already done, ages ago.

iVirtualPlays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

When games get close to release, they can occasionally get accidentally leaked through the various video game rating boards across the world. In the case of the unannounced Castlevania Advance Collection, its existence was revealed back in June, when the Australian Ratings Board let it slip. Konami still hasn't said anything official about the collection existing, but it has been leaked a second time, through the Taiwanese Ratings Board, which has given us new information in the form of the platforms Castlevania Advance Collection will be coming to. It'll pack together the three Game Boy Advance Castlevania titles, Aria of Sorrow, Harmony of Dissonance, and Circle of the Moon, and will be available on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC. The ratings board has since deleted the entry for the game, however, a screenshot was taken prior to its removal. Currently, there is no release date for the collection.

:arrow: Source
Great to have this, the originals are overpriced and it's nice to own a physical all-in-one copy. One of the games has a blue glow around the character, and this was used to be able to see the character better on non lit GBA's. It would be nice to be able to have that blue glow removed.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well... I already bought the Requiem Collection and the Castlevania Collection on PS4, and that was mainly because I didn't own any of those titles in any format already (except for my Japanese cart of the first GB Castlevania)... but I still have CotM for GBA - it was one of two games I bought when the GBA first released (along with Wai Wai Racing - both Japanese imports), and as I can, I'd rather play the handheld versions on original hardware, so I'll be passing on this.
Great news for anyone that hasn't played them before and/or doesn't have the means to play them any other way... those twenty people will be really happy.

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are people asking to put Symphony of the Night into this collection when it wasn't on the GBA? I would personally buy a Castlevania DS Collection over this one seeing the DS games are better. Actually why are people asking to rerelease Symphony of the Night and not asked for a remake?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.