Castle Crashers Remastered is coming to the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi GBAtemp Official Lolimaster

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    I have castle crashers on steam (and maybe ps3, can't remember) and is excellent, that's why I want the devs to make something new instead of re-releasing something that we already played to death and back.

2. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    You're a customer, you're not every customer. Obviously people are buying remasters. That said, there are still plenty of new games too, it's not an either or proposition. As I stated previously, remasters take less time and resources to complete, so they can be developed simultaneously with new projects.

Pit People is their latest release, and it's fun, but not as fun as Castle Crashers or Battleblock Theater IMO.

Last edited by Xzi, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Oakmontowls

Oakmontowls Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2016
    United States
    That you have already played to death. This might be other people's first experience with this game and might never have found this game otherwise.

4. Orangy57

Orangy57 bruh

Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    this is the only port i'm excited for. The dudes at the behemoth already have more than enough great games with what little man-power they have on their team.

5. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I knew this a week ago, but I guess late news is better than no news.

6. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Well tough luck if you're bored of games and can't appreciate a port. If you want quality games, buy a good PC or PS4/XBOX ONE. The Switch isn't a powerful system. The Switch is more meant for ports and indie games. I can less about the huge games on Switch because their alot more better on a PC

7. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Switch has about the same number of worthwhile exclusives as PS4. Of course, PC beats them both out by a large margin in terms of power and library size, but Switch still offers a level of portability that PCs and even laptops can't. PC+Switch is the best combo, with PS4+Switch coming in a close second.

Dartz150, CrisFTW and Memoir like this.
  8. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    I agree with this. It works so well.. I'm close to being able to get rid of my Xbox as well.

9. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    For someone who enjoys different ways to play, PC+Switch+PS4 is the way to go. Sony exclusives games are just amazing when it comes to quality single player games. PC with emulators and all-you-can-play games from Steam is wonderful. Some games are buggy at release sadly but get better over time. The Switch with not-so-powerful hardware is good. On the go multiplayer with friends and family. That Castle Crashers remastered for sure will be a good seller on the Switch. Yeah its a port from the XBOX ONE but c'mon. I ain't getting a crap XBOX ONE to play one game I like

10. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAPerm

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Aptos, California
    But transfer over my level 80 red knight?

Anyhow, I’m super glad I got my arcade stick figured out. Some games just need to be remade, and this is one of those. This game is a day one buy!

Last edited by slaphappygamer, Mar 20, 2019
  11. sks316

sks316 Meloetta, the Melody Pokémon!

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Unova
    Unsatisfied complaints strike again.
    Seriously, it seems as if the Nintendo community complains the most about "Wah, cry, sob, there are too many ports on my platform and I can definitely change it by crying about it on an online forum", because I don't hear this from the Sony or Microsoft fans. What's with that?

12. Sakitoshi

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    plot twist, I don't own a switch. I was talking about remasters and ports in general.

13. Jayro

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    When I bought the system at launch, I didn't expect it to be a port machine, I expected Nintendo to just move on from the Wii U and give us more original titles and sequels. We'd have more of that if they'd stop the porting of Wii U games and 360-PS3 era games. And how do they fill the gap of new IPs, new games, and new features? Pad it to death with ports and indie garbage! :D

Last edited by Jayro, Mar 20, 2019
    Sakitoshi likes this.
  14. sks316

sks316 Meloetta, the Melody Pokémon!

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Unova
    If you don't own the console in question, why even bother replying in the first place? What is your goal?

15. Sakitoshi

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    as I stated, I was criticizing ports in general.
    and as you pointed out the other platforms are also receiving a good amount of ports/remasters, so I don't exactly need to own a switch to complain.

16. Dartz150

Dartz150 GBATemp Official Lolicon Onii-chan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    On a Strange Journey
    Your positive comments about the game have made me to want it, I didn't knew it existed until now but seeing videos on youtube gave me a good vibe, definitely getting it for switch.

17. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    People complaining about ports and here I am not even knowing anything about this game.

18. Jayro

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    It's on Steam for just a few bucks.

19. shano

shano Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2012
    Australia
    Great game!

20. Reploid