Gaming Castle Crasher Remastered player 1 save issue.

akira022

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was playing with my children and I know that they have to press Y to login for them to save. After about an hour of playing we stopped playing and I thought I would just check to make sure everything is saving. Both of my childrens games saved just fine but mine(P1 with blacksmith) didnt. But my son(P2) has my levels on his with the blacksmith. Also I made sure that I saw the "Now Saving" at the bottom of the screen before exiting game then closing game. But when I selected exit game just a second before the screen faded everyplace that I unlocked...locked as it faded. The only new thing I have done this week that is new is used Kefir Updater to inject a nintendo account and havnt had any problems with anything other than restoring an unravel2 save with checkpoint. I have deleted my save to see if that was it and the game still doesnt save. Any suggestions?

loneZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
If you're talking about the question on Discord, I posted that. I'm not gonna reply as it seems like a CFW issue.
Would be nice if I can get what CFW everyone who face this issue or doesn't have this issue at all.

I run FW 8.1.0 with Atomsphere 0.9.3

akira022

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so using the Kefir Updater to inject a nintendo online account isnt the problem. was wondering that since i had a few issues after i injected. I am running FW 8.1.0 with Atmosphere 0.9.4(from repo) Though on a 4.1 ipatched system

loneZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
so using the Kefir Updater to inject a nintendo online account isnt the problem. was wondering that since i had a few issues after i injected. I am running FW 8.1.0 with Atmosphere 0.9.4(from repo) Though on a 4.1 ipatched system

Nope shouldn't be the issue, I did not use anything like that before. It could be a bad game dump as well but I can't be sure about that one.

akira022

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed it via a different source and it still does it. I have four people in the house with four accounts on the switch. I played on second slot to get a character to level two. I made sure that toon was level two by exiting to title screen then going back in. It was still level two. I then closed the game and reopened it with that account in the first slot. It said that one was not at level 1 with nothing done. I closed the game and put that toon back in second slot and it was back to level two. So something is up with that player one slot.

loneZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I installed it via a different source and it still does it.
Hopefully it isn't the same file as sometimes sources just take from each other :wacko:

Also, funnily enough if you even load the same save and have a player 2/3/4 on the same account you can see the level difference. I do wonder if it works fine on SX.

akira022

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I dont know if it is a install bug or a cfw issue but I have used 3 different nsps and 2 different xcis with the same outcome. As long as I have an account load up in player one, login as player 2 then close out of player one...everything works just fine. Odd though.

dometery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same issue here, please let me know if you find a solution. Do I have to do the profile switching everytime? I got an error when doing the second slot and then exiting out of first slot.

To anyone else, the problem is in the first slot, between checkpoints the game saves on screen but when exiting out of the game and back in, all progress is reset.

Running 8.1.0 and Atmosphere 0.9.2

Last edited by dometery,

akira022

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats what I have to do. Its a headache but the end results are worth it....but then again if it causes any problems I could just play on PC. Hopefully we can find out something in the next week. If I hear anything I will update. ^_^

Reactions: dometery

Hephaestus

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
You can always compare the md5 or sha1 hash values of the install files.
If those are the same then they are guaranteed to be the same file.

loneZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Okay I found a temporary solution that only requires one controller.
Every time you load a profile, go to Back off Barbarian with any character. After loading into the game just exit out of it. You profile should be loaded now.
Every time you want to save your game, exit into map to save first, then go into Back off Barbarian with any character again, and exit it. Once you're out you can close your game with your progress saved.
I haven't tested any further but I think this might unlock all the characters u have when you quit, I'll edit this once I get past the first boss.

Edit: Yeah it does work for after clearing the first boss and unlocking Grey Knight.

You can always compare the md5 or sha1 hash values of the install files.
If those are the same then they are guaranteed to be the same file.

Didn't get more than one copy to test this but yeah.

Last edited by loneZ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol