casemod left me with no power

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by BoomtownBilly, Apr 12, 2008.

Apr 12, 2008
  1. BoomtownBilly
    OP

Member BoomtownBilly GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    Hi I'm in the middle of possibly the most stressful casemod I have ever done.. My phat DS black is on super life support atm.

It's not all put back together Most of the cables are unplugged..... The two mini cables below the touch screen cable and the top screen cable,
    But I screwed the motherboard back in and screwed the back panel back on to see if there was power.

To begin the bottom screen flashed on the flashed off again.... so I carried on with the mod. Had a change of heart to what colour I wanted and when I tested it again no power Zip nothing.
    It's been like that with Both re-builds, I've not been able to get the small cables back in at all they are a bitch.

Anyone can shed any light on my woe?

2. Man18

Member Man18 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    This is for the NDS Lite but I have found that it works for the actual DS too. I went out and bought some actual needle nose pliers at a beed and jewelry store.

ALSO: They have little plastic tabs that allow you to slide them in easily and lock it afterwards. Look closely.

3. BoomtownBilly
    OP

Member BoomtownBilly GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    Well this makes me feel about one trillion times happier, but this couldn't be the reason why the chuffer wont boot up.

4. Man18

Member Man18 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I guess try throwing it back together. You may have killed the fuse since you plugged in the batt th e fuse may have popped.

5. gizmo_gal

Member gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

United States
  6. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    You haven't killed it.
    I had the same issue myself when I replaced my case. You didn't put in the top to bottom wire in properly.
    When the DS starts up, it does a "system check" to see if everything is fine.
    Since only the bottom screen flashed, it means that wire isn't connected properly.

There should be a thin white line in front of the plug. You should aline the dark part of the wire with that line.
    Also make sure to loop the wire when putting it through or else it'll get damaged everytime you open up the DS.

7. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    You haven't attached the top screen properly.
    Check the ribbon cable between the halves of the DS
    The DS won't boot without the Top screen, or an appropriate resistor, attached.