Case Swap - now DS Lite won't start up

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by mp3boy, May 18, 2007.

May 18, 2007
  1. mp3boy
    OP

Newcomer mp3boy Newbie

United Kingdom
    Ok, so I started off with:
    Pink DS Lite, perfect case, dead motherboard - the power switch broke so it won't turn on
    Black DS Lite, powers up fine but has a cracked hinge

I've swapped the cases over using the Shock disassembly photos (http://www.flickr.com/photos/62647765@N00/sets/72157594277451148/) - I left the top halves as they were and just disconnected the ribbon cable and swapped the whole unit over.

I now have a pink DS Lite but when I go to switch it on the green light comes on, the speaker clicks, the top screen flashes white then it all goes off again.

I've tried swapping the black top back on - same problem. It's not the battery because that works fine in another DS.

I was very careful with it (I've been repairing ipods all week and they are very fragile) but it seems I've still gone wrong somewhere.

Any suggestions on what to check would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Chris

2. mp3boy
    OP

Newcomer mp3boy Newbie

United Kingdom
    Problem solved - it was the pink bottom screen, swapped it for the black one and everything works again [​IMG]

Edit: maybe not [​IMG] every time i get it back together it just goes into the 'flash once then die' mode. Tried 2 different motherboards, 3 bottom screens and 2 top screens now. What am I doing wrong? [​IMG]

3. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Something is loose. It could be the bios, microphone cords, etc. The DSL checks to see if everything is online before booting to the main screen

4. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    also make sure youre not pinching any ribbons...

5. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    you need to check all the lcd connectors, when only one of them is not properly connected the ds will not boot up.