case mods?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by bennydigital, May 23, 2008.

1. bennydigital
    OP

bennydigital GBAtemp Regular

Nov 7, 2002
    United States
    Vancouver, WA
    has anyone done any case mods? If so share some pictures.
    I hardly see any wii case mods. xbox and xbox360 have tons though.
    I thinking about doing some windows on both sides with some leds.

2. myclock

myclock GBAtemp Fan

Feb 20, 2007
    Australia
  3. JPH

JPH Banned

Banned
    Jul 11, 2006
    United States
    I plan on it. I may even possibly do a review (kind of like thieves did with the NDSL cases) in the distant future.
    Taking apart the Wii is simple [​IMG]

On the same note as case mods, I bought one of these for my DS Lite the other day.

4. myclock

myclock GBAtemp Fan

Feb 20, 2007
    Australia
    taking apart Wii's are easy, but modding it will be time consuming [​IMG] expect 1.5hours of solid work!

modding DS's pretty easy too, its just i screwed mine up coz i wanted to replace the touch module and couldnt put it back in resulting in a DS minus the touch function [​IMG]

White with black buttons looks hot as on DS. give it a try [​IMG]

5. Rice923

Rice923 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    You could do some simple mods. Taking the case off and spraying it would be an option. You can also light up the nunchuck and various buttons on the wiimote too (i did those).

6. myclock

myclock GBAtemp Fan

Feb 20, 2007
    Australia
    yes attaching LEDs to your wiimote and nunchuck is pretty easy, just gotta solder on or tape it down to the circuit board, but it is only for looks... wastes batteries [​IMG]

7. Rice923

Rice923 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    The controller LEDs do waste a bit of battery, but not much. It does look really cool though since not too many people around you should have a glowing A button [​IMG]