Case mod EZ Flash IV Lite

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by -KangaRod-, Aug 7, 2009.

1. -KangaRod-
    OP

-KangaRod- GBAtemp Fan

Aug 9, 2006
    Canada
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Guys,
    I recently found an old IV lite kickin around. What I'd like to do is load it up and give it to my buddy's kid who has a GBA SP. Has anyone modded the case (could I just destroy some $3 game and use an actual Nintendo case?) or does anyone sell a shell to convert the lite to the traditional EzFlash IV?

Thanks in advance

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    After I broke my moulded EZ4lite -> GBA size case I sanded down the little lip so it would fit and added a tab to pull on (used a "ribbon" from an old electrical device) so I could get it out. Been working that way for the better part of 3 years now.

You can convert GBA cases although you should know that you might have to cut some of the internals to get things to fit; it will not just drop in like a normal game in another case.

3. -KangaRod-
    OP

-KangaRod- GBAtemp Fan

Aug 9, 2006
    Canada
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    probably just easier to sand the cases down then. Once I get it in there there wont be a reason I need to pull it out and pop it in over and over again, I'll put the roms on there once, and that will more than likely be it.