Hacking Carts not loading after upgrading to 13.0.0

mrmilkman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently updated to 13.0.0 using daybreak to play Metroid and that works fine. Now however, I can't load games from cart. It just comes up with and error message. I've got a recent version of Atmosphere, I tried copying stratosphere.ini from atmosphere/config_templates to atmosphere/config/ and set nogc to 0 as per a reddit post but that didn't work then produced a fatal error.

Thanks for any help all.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How old is the reddit post you read? People need to stop relying on "guides" and simply read the actual documentation.

/atmosphere/config/stratosphere.ini is where the current nogc entry should be (as of Atmosphere 1.0.0 on Sep 7, 2021), if you're launching fusee.

If you're launching hekate, it goes in hekate_ipl.ini under [config] and is autonogc.

In both cases, they should be =0 if you want to use carts.

mrmilkman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How old is the reddit post you read? People need to stop relying on "guides" and simply read the actual documentation.

/atmosphere/config/stratosphere.ini is where the current nogc entry should be (as of Atmosphere 1.0.0 on Sep 7, 2021), if you're launching fusee.

If you're launching hekate, it goes in hekate_ipl.ini under [config] and is autonogc.

In both cases, they should be =0 if you want to use carts.
Thanks for the reply.

The reddit post I read is from Sept, it states the same advice as you are giving me.

I upgraded to 13.0.0|AMS 1.2.5|S

There was no stratosphere.ini in my config folder, so I copied from config_templates and edited as per the following:

[stratosphere]

; To force-enable nogc, add nogc = 0

; To force-disable nogc, add nogc = 0

I also changed autonogc in hekate_ipl to 0 but still it won't load game cards.

Thanks for your patience and help

Last edited by mrmilkman,

mrmilkman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay I fixed it.

It looks like I needed to but nogc = 0 just below [stratoshphere] so stratosphere.ini now looks like this:

[stratosphere]
nogc = 0

Thanks all for your help.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I fixed it.

It looks like I needed to but nogc = 0 just below [stratoshphere] so stratosphere.ini now looks like this:

[stratosphere]
nogc = 0

Thanks all for your help.
lol... yes, everything after a ";" in a line makes it a comment. You edited the comment from 1 to 0 which would have done absolutely nothing at all. you could have just as easily added nogc = 0 to the bottom (underneath the comments) it would have worked just as well. The comments are there simply to tell you how to use them.

In most of the template files, after the explanation of each item, is the required item, preceded by a ";", with the default setting. To enable/use that feature, you simply delete the ";", and change the value to what you want. Hope that is clear enough...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: