cartridge icons in fce ultra?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by tomrip, Jan 5, 2010.

Jan 5, 2010

cartridge icons in fce ultra? by tomrip at 10:10 PM (2,076 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. tomrip
    OP

Newcomer tomrip Member

United States
    i saw a video for fce ultra on you tube, and instead of it just b eing the white squares with the name besiude it, it was images of nes carts. anyone know where to get those?

2. melodeath82

Newcomer melodeath82 Member

United States
    Here's the mod of FCE Ultra that allows game covers to be displayed. FCE Ultra Cover MOD
    Look in the same topic for the Snes9x cover mod if you want that too. Also Psiko is working on putting together the GBA GX cover mod as well.

3. spritefreak

Member spritefreak GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Besides the FCE Ultra emulator and Snes9X and even the GBA GX, are there other emulators that will have the cover mod as well?

And does the link above that contains the zip have all the covers for all games?

4. melodeath82

United States
    I am not aware of any other emulators that have the cover mod besides the ones in my previous post. The zips don't include complete sets of covers but you can get a lot of great cover from GameMedia. You'll have to convert images to .png format and sizes at (SNES 316X224) (FCE ULTRA 160X224). I won't know what image sizes GBA GX require until Psiko is finished with it.

5. spritefreak

Member spritefreak GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks for the site....how do you convert an image to .png format?

6. melodeath82

United States
    Since I only have a few games, I just use PicResize. It's free to use online but it would take a long time if you have a lot of covers to convert. Just upload the image, choose custom size in pixels not percentage to resize (SNES 316X224) or (FCE Ultra 160X224), save as PNG and you're done.

You can also try this Fotosizer. I have never tried it but its freeware and you can convert many files at once so it may be the better choice for you.

7. psiko

Newcomer psiko Advanced Member

United States