Carrying over Skills (Dragon Quest IX)

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by UnseenHero, Jul 16, 2010.

Jul 16, 2010
  1. UnseenHero
    OP

Member UnseenHero The UnseenHero

Canada
    Please Before reading acknowledge that there are spoilers in the text you are about to read.

Ok well I have been in Bloomingdale for a few days now And I can not kill the tarantula boss. So I had an idea to bring my Level 21 Minstrel (Hero/Me) To becoming a Level 1 Warrior. Reason bieng so that all the skill points I gain I can put in courage (which could increase natural Strength by 10). But since this is a warrior only Skill I was wondering If i did get the plus 10 natural strength, when I convert back to a minstrel (or some other class) If I will keep 10+ strength or is it only for the warrior class that gets the 10+? If not I will put my skill points in defending (which crosses over to most classes)

Thanks for reading, And thanks for your help in advance

-UnseenHero

2. gameguy95

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    who knows? just try this first and if it fails, then go back to the save you made before that.

3. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    you don't lose your skills after changing job...
    the same applies to the level

4. grape_garden

Newcomer grape_garden Advanced Member

United States
    Yes, those skills carry over when you change classes. Class skills and abilities are locked to the character, spells are locked to the class.

5. UnseenHero
    OP

Member UnseenHero The UnseenHero

Canada
    So natural strength and stuff could stay...
    But lets say I have a Mage and I turn him into a warrior and teach him metal slash (or whatever its called) will he still have Wizard Ward? or will he lose it?

6. mipe

Newcomer mipe Advanced Member

Finland
  7. pitman

Member pitman Addicted to Magical Girls

Israel
    All my party members know "Psych Up" (16 points for martial artist), I just switched every one to martial artist, learned the "Psych Up" skill and returned my member to their original class.
    It really helps for boss fight.

Spells like Heal, Frizzle and etc. don't carry over to other classes but when you return to that class again the spell will return with any skill learned from other classes.