Cards Against Humanity on an airplane allowed?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Sicklyboy, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Sicklyboy
    OP

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    So I'm not assuming many of you here work for airliners or the TSA, so this is more of a general question to see if anyone knows, from experience or whatnot.

End of this month I'll be flying cross-country (United Airlines, I believe) to visit some family. I have, except for the Holiday expansion from last year, the entire Cards Against Humanity set (base, expansion 1-4, BBB, and Crabs Adjust Humidity 1 and 2). Totals about 1.4k cards and literally weighs 5.5lbs (I checked). Is this allowed in a carryon? Weight aside (I can split it into its individual boxes if need be), I would imagine most people would get a few odd looks for carrying around 1.4k playing cards in a big, black box. Nothing on the TSA website says it's remotely prohibited though (not even mentioned, as far as playing cards and board games and such)

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    I don't see a reason why they wouldn't allow it.
    As long as it's not illegal and or can be used as a obvious weapon.

3. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    As long as you're well-within the regulations regarding the size, weight and nature of the item, it could be 5lbs of dildos for all they care. You should be just fine. ;)

4. wchill

wchill Resident chillxpert

Jun 12, 2008
    United States
    I brought CAH and the first 3 expansions with me when I left for school. You'll probably be fine.

5. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Yeah why would you assume it's not allowed? You'll be fine

6. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    So long as they fit in a carryon bag, you'll be fine. The only trouble you would possibly have, is if your bag can't zip up, or if it won't fit under the chair/in the overhead bin.

7. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    I figured you were going to ask about playing the game on the flight over, which would be... inadvisable.

Just carrying it, though? You should be fine. For all its faults, I don't think the TSA is against Cards Against Humanity.

Tom Bombadildo likes this.