• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Cardboard signs harassing Ajit Pai's family for his policies put up just outside his house

D

Deleted User

im fine with this
the people are simply protesting the removal of something thet love
once they start physically attacking (not putting signs, like actual violence) then it will be an issue
peaceful protest is fine

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Those cardboard signs don't seem that big of a deal to me. And actually, I'd insult this f***ing a*****e b***h piece of s*** being a c***s***ing c**t in at least four different languages for what he stands for, if it changed anything for the better... though, it actually won't, so I'm not gonna do that. :)

Last edited by Axido,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't agree with it, but honestly, what did he expect was going to happen changing policy against the wishes of citizens? You know what America is founded on? When America was still under British control and they tried to impose policies on American people against their wishes, we killed them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have to follow up on that. I don't condone violence. But less than a few hundred years ago he would have been hung or quartered. Now he expects no backlash? He should have been prepared for the consequences of his actions. He cant play the victim now. This is all part of what happens when you act against the best interests of the people. He needs to grow up.
Correction, was mostly because of the french since america was losing the war hence the gift from the French " statue of liberty"

Reactions: WeedZ

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Breaking news: Cardboard signs found standing over dead Net Neutrality. This will change the future!

Seriously, they're signs, and incredibly tame ones. Someone dared to frame the discussion as one of FCC members having a conscience and doing things for the good for their children. I guess when everyone is internet armchair protesters, someone actually writing up a sign and delivering it to their home is harassment, ignoring that public figures making important policy decisions should expect some level of protest when they choose unpopular courses of action.

Oh, and as far as taking it personally, give that FCC decisions do effect me and everyone else in the US personally, it's funny how that works. If the worst that happens to him is a few cardboard signs that he can trivially ignore, I won't shed a tear. Honestly, that this is news at all tells at how pathetic the whole public discussion is. Where's the hundreds of people camped outside his home? That would actually be news.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, I'd feel a lot worse if his house were vandalized or graffiti-ed, but these honestly just kind of look like Pai dug up some boxes from his recycle bin and wrote some emotionally degrading things on them to generate sympathy

I mean, it's definitely not the first time he's done something just to generate attention

Reactions: Xzi and WeedZ

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
See, I'd feel a lot worse if his house were vandalized or graffiti-ed, but these honestly just kind of look like Pai dug up some boxes from his recycle bin and wrote some emotionally degrading things on them to generate sympathy

I mean, it's definitely not the first time he's done something just to generate attention
Dude, I always respect your opinion, but rarely do I share the same one. It's a nice change of pace.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

RivenMain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't agree with what Pai is doing, but there are certainly better ways of protesting and getting the point across than putting up messages near his house. Think of how scared his
family must be, especially the children, considering that they haven't done anything wrong, yet are dragged into the whole net neutrality debate.

"scared?" The guys been mocking everyone for his own gains. To show pity on the parasite would just allow him to continue without repercussion of actions. Signs don't disrupt daily life, but are a reminder we ourselves can be seen as simply human our values our lives have no influence over his own because his reality justifies his actions. There's a thing about being nice to people if you don't respect them don't. As for children son/daughter of pai it's a name they will suffer cold steel blue eyes like they're dirt. They were given the title and what they become lies for the future, they may feel resentment for the people and wish to look down on them, or they may see ajit for his actions and question the morals behind it and give shame to their father, but feel pride in themselves. Either way hiding behind your children is sad..

Reactions: Soulsilve2010

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I mean yeah tracking the guy down is taking it too far, but cardboard signs aren't going to kill anybody. When you're a public figure (the head of a government institution), that's really the minimum you should expect to deal with on an issue like Net Neutrality. He opposed something that 76% of Americans support, and there are very few issues you can get that many people to agree on. Even some Trump supporters support NN still.

Oh no

Cardboard
Pai should be sure to check that his kids didn't simply order Nintendo Labo.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't support it... but I'm sure he can afford to spend a bit of his bribe money and future revolving door employment in a few security guards.

Reactions: WeedZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte