Card readers that come with M3 and R4

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by emmsmama, Jun 27, 2007.

Jun 27, 2007
  1. emmsmama
    OP

Newcomer emmsmama Advanced Member

Canada
    Are they any good? I'm going to order from dealextreme and am wondering if I should order this just in case. I've read in some threads about cruddy readers wrecking people's mircoSD cards and I don't want to ruin my card.

2. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    they made them better, i would not leave them plugged in too long too, they get really hot, you can just use the one they give you i know my friend does, i i use the one built into my pc so i cant say if the r4 one is good or not.

3. Arnold Schwarzen

Member Arnold Schwarzen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yes they are pretty good. I've gotten my R4DS around 2 weeks ago which comes with the newer card reader and have not had any problems. I even left it plugged in for about an hour and it does not get that hot.

4. cheapassdave

Member cheapassdave GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i also agree. the reader i got with the r4 works great with no problems. its also alot faster than the readers that come with microsd cards (the one SD)

5. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Most of my R4 readers are fine. Should be fine. Only replace it when its not working well

6. emmsmama
    OP

Newcomer emmsmama Advanced Member

Canada
    Thanks. From searching on the forums it looks lie the grey with black one is pretty reliable whereas the blue or orange ones are questionable with their performance so I'm hoping I'll get the grey and black one.

7. Shelleeson

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    the card reader that came with the m3dss has been plugged in ever since i had it and that was january. it's not falling apart or anything and works as good as the day i got it. [​IMG]

8. ssoccerh

Member ssoccerh GBAtemp Regular

United States
    the r4 readers have no problem as i have come to find