Gaming Card insertion pokemons (platinum)

futagoza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am terribly sorry. I am well aware that there is probably an answer to this already, but I just can't find it. What I'm interested to know is what I have to do in order to find the card insertion pokemons in pokemon platinum. I have a Cyclo DS and an EZ-Flash 3-in-1. I loaded Pokemon Ruby onto the 3-in-1's NOR and booted up Platinum, but it doesn't seem to be enough. I tried that for a couple of hours before searching for an answer. Then I found the pokepatch that's talked about recently and applied it to my platinum rom, but it doesn't seem to do any difference. I don't really care about transferring pokemons, I just want to be able to find the card insertion ones.

So, please, please have patience with this newbie, and tell me what I need to do!
wacko.gif

jruschme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question... Do you have the National Pokedex in Platinum, yet? You need that in order to access the Pal Park and import GBA Pokemon.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think he's talking about the pokemon as in:
For example, insert pokemon ruby GBA Pak into slot 2, and then go to a given area and the pokemon that is listed on the internet that will appear (e.g. Solrok for Ruby) in the wild. I did this once and got a lunatone from sapphire inserted. (This was on Diamond (U) and it was also a real game not a ROM)
I did have the National Dex and bear in mind it is uncommon to find the pokemon that the game Pak specifically allows straight away, search for a few minutes in one area and move on. (I think solrock or rok and Lunatone are in the area where all the slowpokes used to be but can't remember

futagoza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DeadLocked said:
I think he's talking about the pokemon as in:
For example, insert pokemon ruby GBA Pak into slot 2, and then go to a given area and the pokemon that is listed on the internet that will appear (e.g. Solrok for Ruby) in the wild. I did this once and got a lunatone from sapphire inserted. (This was on Diamond (U) and it was also a real game not a ROM)
I did have the National Dex and bear in mind it is uncommon to find the pokemon that the game Pak specifically allows straight away, search for a few minutes in one area and move on. (I think solrock or rok and Lunatone are in the area where all the slowpokes used to be but can't remember
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Sorry if it wasn't clear. What I'm trying to do is catch a Growlithe on route 202 as stated here. I'm using a rom for Platinum (U) and a Fire Red rom (also U). I've tried a few different methods and searched the area for about 2-3 hours without result.

futagoza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
clubecgr said:
You need to patch Pokemon Platinum to detect the GBA roms in EZ Flash 3in1. So far, I never heard of such thing

Regards,
Chris
Really? Well that's a bummer, I pretty much only bought this stuff cause I was told that it would work. Well, thanks anyway.

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i believe pal park would work, with certain slot 1 flash card combinations with the ez3in1. and if pal park would work, the other stuff shuold work as well. but i honestly dont remember how to do it. but if i remember correctly, it worked back when i tried with pearl.

futagoza

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
silvershadow said:
i believe pal park would work, with certain slot 1 flash card combinations with the ez3in1. and if pal park would work, the other stuff shuold work as well. but i honestly dont remember how to do it. but if i remember correctly, it worked back when i tried with pearl.
So, essentially if I find a way to make Pal Park work, I'm set? This would, surprisingly, make things easier for me since that is a function that others seem to be far more interested in.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This does not work because the save type that the EZ-Flash uses is different from that of a retail GBA cartridge. In fact, nearly all GBA flash carts don't have the ability to link with DS Pokemon games. I might have seen one that does work (uses the same save type) but I long forgot about that now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China