Card-based RPG 'SteamWorld Quest' lands on Nintendo Switch later this year

574d1b7c-1c18-4660-99e4-2b703f20970c.jpg

Image & Form Games, the developers of the SteamWorld Dig video game series, have announced a brand-new game coming to the Nintendo Switch: SteamWorld Quest. This roleplaying card game blends steampunk elements in a medieval setting infused with good humor.

Lead a party of heroic steambots through a beautifully hand-drawn world and intense battles, using only your wits and a handful of cards. Take on whatever threat comes your way by crafting your own deck, choosing from over 100 unique punch cards!

What awaits you is a luscious treasure chest filled with gold, dragons, vivid worlds, magic, knights in shining armor as well as XP, turn-based battles and all that good RPG stuff! The humorous mix of traditional fantasy and steampunk robots makes for an unforgettable experience with lots of laughs.

While no release window has been provided, SteamWorld Quest is set to land on the Switch later this year and more information will be made available in the coming months.
:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Kameryn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love how they changed things up with Steamworld Heist. I was turned off at first, but got totally hooked when I finally gave it a chance. I have no doubt this will be fantastic too, can't wait!

Reactions: lordelan

KyleHyde

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
The art style for this one looks pretty nice. I've yet to get around to playing SteamWorld Heist and SteamWorld Dig 2, but I'm sure I'll probably like it too.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Oh, y-you know what that means, r-right?
*ahem*

DAY ONE PURCHASE!!! :yayswitch:

ps: gotta love the pun on "gilgamech"

Last edited by RedoLane,

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how they changed things up with Steamworld Heist. I was turned off at first, but got totally hooked when I finally gave it a chance. I have no doubt this will be fantastic too, can't wait!
Actually, Steamworld Dig 2 is the first time they didn't completely change genres in a new game. And even then it's a lot different than 1.

Reactions: Kameryn
D

Deleted User

I haven’t played card games since Yu-Gi-Oh in primary school but given that Steamworld Heist and Steamworld Dig 2 were fucking great I’m willing to give this a shot.

eworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh hey, it's that GBA Kingdom Hearts game, the one with the cards. Except the "deck" size seems much less overwhelming, which can be a good thing if they... play their cards right, ba-dum-tsh.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
^ This.
They really seem to have figured out the formula for fun games.

Reactions: Kameryn

Kameryn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
all i wanted was a SteamWorld Dig 3 not another CARD rpg the worst type of "RPG" there is...

I really liked their approach of doing something totally different before developing Dig 2, keeping things fresh and inspired instead of just cranking out the same thing over and over. No doubt we'll get a Dig 3 when the time is right :).

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Image & Form Games, the developers of the SteamWorld Dig video game series, have announced a brand-new game coming to the Nintendo Switch: SteamWorld Quest. This roleplaying card game blends steampunk elements in a medieval setting infused with good humor.

While no release window has been provided, SteamWorld Quest is set to land on the Switch later this year and more information will be made available in the coming months.
:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

I would have much preferred steamworld dig 3 >.>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over