Golden Falcon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Caravan has released a full Dual Layer dump of SSBB. The game has been tested on CycloWiz using DVD+R DL. Filenames are cvn-dsbx.r**

There is rumor based out of Japan that Wiikey does, indeed, work fine with Dual Layer backups but not originals. This is unconfirmed.

NFO: cvn.dsbx.nfo

Source: Wii-Newz

mingy83

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube-downloader.tripod.com
XP
Country
United States
well ill let you guys know this evening if it does or doesnt
biggrin.gif
just waiting till its on newsgroups

beano311

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yes on an ntsc u wiikey ok its off to genetics class to take a test hopefully its uploaded when i get back so i can test it out! =)
The following is a COMPLETE RUMOR, don't take it seriously until it's tested and confirmed, just letting people know if anyone wants to try it!
From the thread Railgun linked to... apparently if you boot the DVD5 (SL version) disc with your WiiKey, then load it up until the main menu (ingame menu, not Wii menu) and simply switch the discs, you can play the full DVD9 version (DL). Hope that works for any of you unlucky WiiKey owners.

GyroidFanatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yes on an ntsc u wiikey ok its off to genetics class to take a test hopefully its uploaded when i get back so i can test it out! =)

The following is a COMPLETE RUMOR, don't take it seriously until it's tested and confirmed, just letting people know if anyone wants to try it!
From the thread Railgun linked to... apparently if you boot the DVD5 (SL version) disc with your WiiKey, then load it up until the main menu (ingame menu, not Wii menu) and simply switch the discs, you can play the full DVD9 version (DL). Hope that works for any of you unlucky WiiKey owners.
Thinking about it, it seems plausible. Since WiiKey only interferes when the system checks the disc's legitimacy (if I remember correctly), the question is if the game rechecks it or not when you put it back in. Anyone have a backup of a game they legally own they wouldn't mind checking with?

EDIT: Now that I think about it some more, then this would work with unmodded Wiis too, as long as you have a legit copy of the game...

EDIT 2: Or the whole thing could be a glitch in the Wiikey's programming

MelonSmasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's launched in the past minutes on the newsgroups!!!!!!

i'm downloading it right now and i 'am going to try it on my pal wii with wiikey
tongue.gif

Kuronekokun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cvn-dsbx = size: 3.77 GB

Are we suppose to use a tool to combine this with TMD's SL release or something? (seems like it's only the second layer)

*edit* - Seems like it's up to 9.03 GB now, so it's the full DL release.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. I guess I'll get the dual layer since I want to avoid as many glitches and crashes as possible from the single layer.
tongue.gif

I'm assuming you're all downloading from Usenet. I was unfamiliar with this program when someone mentioned it, but now I want the Dual Layer. I'm sort of impatient so I quickly read up on how Usenet works. So far, I think I might get it, but I got a question..

I'm using a full version of Newsbin (I'm assuming this is only a program, an not a server, correct?). But, to connect to any server, you must pay for the servers right? What if.. I don't have access to a credit card? Are there any servers out there that would give me enough memory to download the dual layer without providing a credit card?

Dreimos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome. I guess I'll get the dual layer since I want to avoid as many glitches and crashes as possible from the single layer.
tongue.gif

I'm assuming you're all downloading from Usenet. I was unfamiliar with this program when someone mentioned it, but now I want the Dual Layer. I'm sort of impatient so I quickly read up on how Usenet works. So far, I think I might get it, but I got a question..

I'm using a full version of Newsbin (I'm assuming this is only a program, an not a server, correct?). But, to connect to any server, you must pay for the servers right? What if.. I don't have access to a credit card? Are there any servers out there that would give me enough memory to download the dual layer without providing a credit card?

Nope, You have to pay for it, but giganews gives a free 3 day trial of 10gb, I did that, then I'll just cancel after I get brawl downloaded
smile.gif
because I don't need it, I got other resources lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night