About a year ago, my factory default stereo in my Malibu Max 2005 decided that it no longer wished to play CDs. At the time I was a little thing called broke. So I started using a headset. About a month ago my headset died. While searching for a new one I decided to google laws about headsets and driving. Apparently I was doing something bad and as such I scraped the idea of using a headset. So as of today my parts arrived. I did some basic research and found that to keep my heads up display (miles/temp/oil life/etc) I had to purchase a rather expensive item called a Metra 99-3303. I found it on Amazon for 165$ I didn't care too much about my stereo but I decided something mid range and single din since I was loosing a din to my heads up display. I choose the DEH-X6800BT. It was 95$ before tax. Shipping was free due to Prime. I honestly have no idea what I am doing so I've been googling like a fiend. I found that I had to solder a wire harness. After two very informative video's I got the gear I didn't already have and got cracking. Here is the harness post solder. I put heat shrink tubing on the solder points. Since my mail carrier is slow as hell and FedEX decided to give my package to the USPS instead of doing delivery themselves, I didn't get the package until after dark. So here is the stuff I'll be installing probably Wednesday since that's my next day off. If I get off early tomorrow I'll do it then. I'll take photos of the dash tear down and try to keep them in focus. I didn't get the steering wheel control box since all it does is volume control and the box was something like 70$. I'll probably Velcro the remote somewhere easy to grab and use that instead. I'm also going to run the microphone along the dash and clip it just under the steering wheel. The sad thing about all this is if there would have been an AUX jack on the factory stereo, I wouldn't have to do all of this. Of course now I'll have a ton of features. I'll add the pictures to this post when I have them. --- Update: I installed the stereo the next day after I made this post. At first I didn't have radio. I had hooked the radio wire up incorrectly. I pulled just the stereo out and fix it in a few seconds. After I was done and I unloaded my pictures I realized I didn't have any of the completely torn down dash. Oh well. The process worked great. In the future I may add steering wheel controls. Until then, here are a few pics of some of the tear down and the final install.