Capturing videos on the Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by antonkan, Aug 14, 2009.

1. antonkan
    OP

antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 13, 2009
    Canada
    Burlington, ON
    Instead of a video camera to capturing off-screen videos on the Wii, is there a way capture on-screen videos on the Wii? I tried the DVD method with a DVD player to record on-screen videos, and when I used the recorded DVD discs on my computer, I have no luck.

So is there a way capture on-screen videos on the Wii?

2. antonkan
    OP

antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 13, 2009
    Canada
    Burlington, ON
    EDIT: Capturing videos on Wii would be nice to show the games.

3. Chaos Punk

Chaos Punk GBAtemp Regular

Apr 19, 2009
    United States
    Bakersfield, CA
    If you bought a video card for your pc that has inputs for the Wii's video/audio wires, you could use any screen recording pc software.

4. TheWon

TheWon GBAtemp Fan

Sep 30, 2008
    United States
    Dazzler it works for all consoles

Check out my channel on youtube: Jodecideion
    My early videos was the camera in front of TV/ THen I got a Dazzler under 100 bucks. Now my videos look way better.

5. ozguy

ozguy GBAtemp Regular

Apr 11, 2009
    United States
    I would think the best way to do screen grabs/video would be to use the Dolphin emulator on the PC and just capture directly to the PC hard drive.

6. antonkan
    OP

antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 13, 2009
    Canada
    Burlington, ON
    Where can I buy Dazzler? I can't do Google search.

7. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2009
    United States
    Lots of devices will work.

Dazzle is a commonly used one and pretty good for a Wii since the Wii is SD only.

However if you want more quality and the ability to record HD get a HAVA.

I have a Adaptec Gamebridge its basically the same as a Dazzl but a bit nicer (though now no longer made so good luck finding one)

a TV capture card will work too but may have some lag between what your doing and what you see/hear.

8. kornychaos

kornychaos Organized.

Jul 7, 2007
    United States
    Out of curiousity, I recall my original xbox being able to record videos once I threw an XDK bios at it. I know I shouldn't be comparing the wii with an xbox.
    Basically, is there any realistic hope of having a separate program/IOS(even maybe 249) that will reload and allow for capture of screenshots/videos?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice