Homebrew RELEASE CaptureSight - Applet and Overlay to view Pokemon, Raid seeds, Future shiny frames/IVs, and more!

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else been experiencing a crash and error message when using the 4.0 overlay?

It doesn't seem to be happening all of the time, but I never had this problem with the earlier releases. When it does crash, it seems to only happen when pressing the B button to exit back to the overlay selection window or close the overlay itself.

I'm not entirely sure if this is an error in Tesla or CaptureSight, but I've updated to the latest version of Tesla as well and it's still crashing from time to time.

Sorry, I haven't run into the overlay crashing on exit. If you can find reproducible steps to get it to crash every time, it'll be much easier to debug and fix. :)

Thanks for the report - I'll keep an eye out for this.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
With the new firmware update, Atmosphere and Kosmos got updates as well. The latter incorporated Tesla, and has made some changes. Now when entering CaptureSight via overlay, it doesn't automatically show up when it should. It closes Tesla, but technically CS is loaded, so you can go right back into it with the Tesla button combo. Same as when exiting CS.

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the new firmware update, Atmosphere and Kosmos got updates as well. The latter incorporated Tesla, and has made some changes. Now when entering CaptureSight via overlay, it doesn't automatically show up when it should. It closes Tesla, but technically CS is loaded, so you can go right back into it with the Tesla button combo. Same as when exiting CS.

Thanks for opening a Github issue about this!

CaptureSight v0.5.0 has just been released, which fixes this :)

Reactions: DiscostewSM

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi @zaksabeast do you plan to continue supporting CaptureSight following the DLC updates? Not asking for a release date or anything, just curious about the future of my favourite overlay! :)

The update with initial support for the DLC was just released! - https://github.com/zaksabeast/CaptureSight/releases/latest

More iterations and quality improvements will be needed in the future, but I wanted to get this out quickly so people could enjoy raid RNG and help others get their raid seeds. :)

Reactions: Captain Library

Captain Library

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

kekoroto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! I'm trying to use the overaly but it crashes whenever i press Active den or All dens :/

I can use those options on the applet, but not on the overlay.

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I'm trying to use the overaly but it crashes whenever i press Active den or All dens :/

I can use those options on the applet, but not on the overlay.

There are definitely memory optimizations I need to make. That could be it, or there may be another issue - it's difficult to tell without more info. Could you please open an issue on github? It's easier to track and collect information about specific bugs that way. :)

Why did it suddenly stop working? I updated it after dlc and it was fine but now it won’t work

I can't really do much with that information. If it stopped working randomly and won't work at all, perhaps you should try downloading the file again. If the issue persists, would you be able to open an issue on github as well?

Entonray

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, i installed atmosphere yesterday for using this homebrew and sadly not work for me, i have the last firmware and the last ams, overlay doesn't show anything (Blank space or Egg, even if i press Y it says "No pokemon not shiny of raid" and if i check all the acive den all crashes. The Applet instead request that the game must be opened, so i open the game, go on album and all crash with a black screen and "Panic Occurred while running atmosphere"

Edit:
crash solved, the problem was an old version of tesla, but i can't see my seed (from another non cfw switch). What is the method?is all blank (even in the applet)

Last edited by Entonray,

zaksabeast

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crash solved, the problem was an old version of tesla, but i can't see my seed (from another non cfw switch). What is the method?is all blank (even in the applet)

There are two methods:

Method 1 (Raid method):
1. Host a raid with your non-cfw switch
2. join the raid with your cfw switch
3. Use CaptureSight to view the raid Pokemon and get the seed
4. Reset your non-cfw switch (so it has the same seed again)

Method 2 (Trade method):
1. Catch a raid Pokemon on your non-cfw switch
2. Start a trade with your cfw switch
3. Select the raid Pokemon for trade (but don't complete the trade or else the non-cfw switch will save and lose the seed)
4. Use CaptureSight to view the trade Pokemon and get the seed
5. Reset your non-cfw switch (so it has the same seed again)

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much of this works with Divine Sword/Blessed Shield? I don't think many memory addresses have changed, but viewing wild pokemon I'm in a fight with is about all I've had luck with. Nothing else seems to read properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0