Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Trailer oop:

A6iH9Gj.jpg

Punch Man 3: The Punchening.

No similarity to the eponymous comic book storyline to speak of.

Thoughts?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not sure that 2 and half minutes is a suitable length for a trailer, though I have seen worse.

Anyway absolutely no chance of me attending the cinema based on that and more likely than not to be a DVD because there is bugger all else going on that day when it hits that.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
...i'm really not sure if civil war actually holds up with barely a dozen super heroes around.
do any of them even have a secret identity that isn't known to shield/government?
it seems, unlike the actual civil war being about secret identities, this one is quite literally about captain america simply not wanting anyone to order him around?

and tony, the crazy idiot who never took orders from anyone suddenly is hardcore for oversight while the captain, who, by his perception of time, was all about doing what uncle sam told him to do less than like three years ago, doesn't want to hear anything about respecting any world leaders?

nah, thats just nonsense

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
and tony, the crazy idiot who never took orders from anyone suddenly is hardcore for oversight while the captain, who, by his perception of time, was all about doing what uncle Sam told him to do less than like three years ago, doesn't want to hear anything about respecting any world leaders?

nah, thats just nonsense
Tony doesn't like to obey orders, but that doesn't mean he doesn't like giving them. And from what we've seen in the previous movies, he's not adverse to enslaving everyone in a robot-enforced totalitarian regime FOR THE GREATER GOOD.
And the Cap wasn't about obeying orders at all cost, he was about upholding the ideals of freedom and democracy and mom's apple pie and Murrika and blah blah yadda yadda, and would refuse orders and break laws if they clashed with his ideals. It's what the Civil War story arc in the comics was all about.

The trailer makes it seem the ideal here is "due process" instead of "privacy" like in the comics, but from what I've read about the movie, there will be a superhuman registration act in there as well.

Then again 90% of superhero-VS-superhero story arcs are based on people acting wildly out of character.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over