Capcom to release HD remaster of Onimusha: Warlords next year

The cult classic samurai hack and slash game Onimusha: Warlords originally released in 2001 for the PlayStation 2. 17 years later, Capcom has announced that they'll be bringing the game back by releasing an HD remastered version for consoles and PC. This new version of the game will let you choose between the original 4:3 display, or a modernized 16:9 with new HD graphics. The soundtrack and character voice lines have also been re-recorded, and an easy mode will be included from the start, for newcomers to ease into the gameplay. Onimusha: Warlords will be a digital-only title, and will have a release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and Nintendo Switch for $19.99/€19.99/£15.99.

Step into a feudal world filled with magic, samurais, and demon warriors, as Onimusha: Warlords comes to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Steam on January 15, 2019. Originally released in 2001, Onimusha: Warlords successfully blended thrilling action with a cinematic story to achieve over 2 million copies sold worldwide. Now Capcom brings the original sword fighting action title to current video game systems with updated features including high-definition graphics, widescreen display option, analog stick support, a readily available Easy Mode option, and new soundtrack

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sad that it's a digital-only title.
Yep, it's indeed a shame.

Great that it's finally getting a re-release though... if it's successful perhaps we'll see the other games in the series remastered and maybe down the line there will be a physical "Onimusha Collection" release.

I'm still kind of surprised it's actually happening at all, as I'd always been led to believe there were licensing issues with the actors/characters likenesses usage and voice acting (new VO might explain part of that though).

Reactions: cvskid

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
HULLAAAA! Such a great news CAPCOM! NOW remaster Chaos Legion too!

Early Onimush titles use real life actors as character models, I think the company has finally make an agreement with them!

Last edited by leon315,

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That was a PS2 launch title and was a cult classic thanks Capcom.. Hopefully next would be a Dino Crisis 1/2 Remake or even better Dino Crisis 4!

seren3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I thought the world had forgotten about this series. I'm a huge Onimusha fan! Way better than Resident Evil.

I hope they include the extra content from Genma Onimusha.

LufianGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been waiting for new or remastered Onimusha content for too long, so I am excited to finally see it happen! They can remake all the games, I'll gladly buy them again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."