Status
Not open for further replies.

Capcom survey asks fans directly which Resident Evil remake they'd like to see next

resident-evil-remake-comparison.png

A new survey by Capcom has been spotted. This survey seems to focus on Resident Evil related media, like the Ambassador program and the Resident Evil.NET service that Capcom has ongoing for the series, and also some questions regarding their main Resident Evil social media accounts (mainly their Twitter accounts), like Resident Evil Portal.

However, at the very end of the survey, Capcom asks a very particular question to the user/player. The question asks the following:
Capcom Survey said:
Let us know if there are any other Resident Evil games you want remade.

The question is then followed by a blank text box in which the user can type whichever Resident Evil game they'd be interested to see being remade from their classic catalogue of the series. Many have already responded with the most prominent and missing remake out of the main titles from the original tank controls classics, that being Code Veronica, while others have also cited asking for a Resident Evil Survivor (PSX) remake, and there's also those that have gone for the obvious next title in the numbered series, asking for a RE5 Remake.

While Capcom hasn't given any official announcement regarding which title in the Resident Evil series they will release next, the sales and acclaim that their latest title, Resident Evil 4 Remake, has seen has been nothing short of positive and very well received, with rumours of upcoming DLC for the title still up in the air.

Those interested in filling up the survey themselves to let Capcom know which title people are mostly interested in being remade can do so in the following link:

:arrow: Capcom Survey

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I see I am not the first to remember Gaiden, and I am on record as actually deriving some enjoyment from gun survivor. I would not mind a playable version of some of the CGI films actually.

On Dino Crisis in before "the people have spoken and we are remaking 3".

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Why would you want to suffer through those again?
I'm not referring to a Psycho remake by Gus Van Sant or Disney's rehashes.
They could redo the gamovies by making something actually related to the source material.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't remake any Resident Evil game.

.... instead, remake Megaman Legends 1 and 2 with controls in the vein of Ratchet and Clank. and then Give us a legends 3 in the style of those remakes...

OR hell, if we're going with the original game concept, Megaman 12 as a third person shooter would be swell

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not referring to a Psycho remake by Gus Van Sant or Disney's rehashes.
They could redo the gamovies by making something actually related to the source material.
Welcome to Raccoon City was supposed to be something like that, but it was also awful. The animated movies take place within the game continuity and they're not great but pretty solid if you're a Resident Evil fan.

tranceology3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code Veronica and the Dino Crisis games are obvious next steps. Though I'd love if they gave us a Megaman Legends or Power Stone remake first.
Honestly not sure a Power Stone needs a remake. For its simplicity and decent graphics, its fine the way it is. If all they did was enhance the graphics it wouldnt be worth it to me, and then if they introduced a whole new fighting system it wouldnt be Power Stone. I guess they could just do a Power Stone 3?

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code Veronica is the most correct answer here.
Defo code veronica, tbf as they have updated the back story they might as well do them all, 0/1.

Its a shame they won't be on PS4, so means I'll have another RE collection to build again.

But you know kids today will likely cry for 6.

Im surprised they aren't begging for a GTA5 remake...... ohh wait that's GTA6 lol

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Null.

Why is the first game even being remade AGAIN? It still looks and runs great to this day. I wish they would stop doing this nonsense and instead port the old game to newer hardware.

But then again maybe I shouldn't really care, even if it annoy me that they
are doing crappy remakes with bad VA to annoy fans of the originals.

And I know RE5 was criticized for nonsensical political reasons of using a certain different continent than Europe, America or just simply any Western country, but to me it was just a really boring game.

Last edited by _47iscool,

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capcom please, remake Dino Crisis already

It's about damn time
This would be good too, hell, I wouldn't mind if they were just good ports.
Post automatically merged:

I see I am not the first to remember Gaiden, and I am on record as actually deriving some enjoyment from gun survivor. I would not mind a playable version of some of the CGI films actually.

On Dino Crisis in before "the people have spoken and we are remaking 3".
I'd like to see those too, something better than the NGage and iOS version of RE Degeneration. RE2/3/4 remake style games with the story of all the CGI films and Infinite Darkness.
Defo code veronica, tbf as they have updated the back story they might as well do them all, 0/1.

Its a shame they won't be on PS4, so means I'll have another RE collection to build again.

But you know kids today will likely cry for 6.

Im surprised they aren't begging for a GTA5 remake...... ohh wait that's GTA6 lol
I can't see a single person crying for RE6 to get a remake, it's already got the ability to aim while moving which is the biggest thing the older games lacked, and that was by design. CV and RE5 need remakes, the latter just so every numbered game has the ability to move and aim.

Last edited by Guacaholey,
Reactions: AxlSt00pid

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to see a new title actually, an RE Mercenaries 3D style game with every noteworthy protagonist (as well as some villains like HUNK , Krauser, Wesker, and whatever Ada counts as), which is what Mercs 3D should've done in the first place instead of having like 8 characters with alternate costumes, some of which modified stats.
Sounds like you suck at RE, Resident evil 5 is one of the best out there.The other game sucks though.
RE5 is kind of ass. The story is a little lacking and it's not particularly scary because half the game takes place in broad daylight. Definitely could use a remake though, maybe make the weather overcast and dull some of the colors instead of having everything be vibrant and shiny.

Reactions: CaliousKai

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The most obvious candidates would be Code Veronica and 5. Personally I’d like to see some of the lesser known and lesser played titles like the Survivor series, perhaps remade to be played with a gun (PSVR 2?) or in third-person perspective. I always wanted to try them out, but I didn’t have a gun controller at the time, and now they’re effectively unplayable on an LCD unless you buy a compatible gun.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The most obvious candidates would be Code Veronica and 5. Personally I’d like to see some of the lesser known and lesser played titles like the Survivor series, perhaps remade to be played with a gun (PSVR 2?) or in third-person perspective. I always wanted to try them out, but I didn’t have a gun controller at the time, and now they’re effectively unplayable on an LCD unless you buy a compatible gun.

I also made a vote for Survivor, although CV and 5 of course should be priority at this point.
Only Survivor 1 though, Survivor 2 is just a rehash of Code Veronica (with even Nemesis thrown in for some reason). Survivor 1 could have been great, have they made it into a proper tank controls game instead of first person, it has a solid story and I think it still has a lot to be explored in detail, given that's where the main Tyrant research and creations were being made.
Survivor 3 could be considered Dead Aim, which is a good game on its own, but I hardly see it getting a remake when it has none of the original and beloved cast attached to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1