TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You do realize there's a reason they don't do Megaman? Because it doesn't sell? They're not gonna take a dive just because a bunch of grumpy fans want a new big budget Megaman game.
Since when? The only recent example I can think of for a Mega Man game that didn't sell is Maverick Hunter X.
Everyone's just a continual pessimist with Capcom. Any other case of "Big company supports fan creation instead of shooting it down" would receive applause, but not from Capcom. Instead it's "OH THEY'RE SO LAZY FOR NOT WASTING A TON OF MONEY ON A MEGAMAN GAME."
There would be no comparison, unless the hypothetical other company in question was neglecting the franchise as a whole. Again, I point to my previous example about Nintendo and Zelda's 25th Anniversary. Imagine if Nintendo ignored Zelda for years and years, and then for the 25th Anniversary, they just endorsed a hack of aLttP and made an iOS-only spinoff that had almost nothing to do with the series aside from the characters used?
Even then, I bet you $100 that if they made a new Megaman, people would just goddamn whine about it and say "CAPCOM IS KILLING THE FRANCHISE FOR GOOD" or some bullshit. Why should they bother catering to a fanbase full of whiny, self-entitled kids?
Every fanbase has its share of whiny, self-entitled kids, and there's really nothing about the Mega Man fanbase in particular that makes it more full of that than almost any other popular franchise you can name. Your argument is very silly.
Actually its not that they don’t want to make a new games they just can’t as the creator of the MegMan universe left Capcom to start his own Company ,and he did make some new RPG game that featured some kind of robot girls I guess.
Capcom still owns the rights to Mega Man. They could very easily create a new game on their own. Heck, they were going to do Mega Man Legends 3 before canceling it. Whether they would be able to do it effectively without Inafune remains to be seen.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i wish this came in the form of an nes or snes rom for comfortable play on the wii. ive never been able to play megaman on a keyboard any my only pc controller sucks p.p

You do realize there's a reason they don't do Megaman? Because it doesn't sell? They're not gonna take a dive just because a bunch of grumpy fans want a new big budget Megaman game.

Everyone's just a continual pessimist with Capcom. Any other case of "Big company supports fan creation instead of shooting it down" would receive applause, but not from Capcom. Instead it's "OH THEY'RE SO LAZY FOR NOT WASTING A TON OF MONEY ON A MEGAMAN GAME."

Even then, I bet you $100 that if they made a new Megaman, people would just goddamn whine about it and say "CAPCOM IS KILLING THE FRANCHISE FOR GOOD" or some bullshit. Why should they bother catering to a fanbase full of whiny, self-entitled kids?

you know very well thats because they're going to release additional street fighter masters as DLC

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

They removed your reply probably because you quoted the entire OP, gave a very generic comment about the topic, and followed with a video on trolling, stating yourself that it was off topic...
Also, there's an awful lot of hate in your new reply, which I quoted here.. and seriously, saying that the moderators should be killed because they "represent a great risk"? I'll report that as well, and you should chill for a bit.

On Topic: To those who didn't seem to like this, it's better than nothing atleast. Megaman doesn't sell all that well as he did before, it's just a fact. Maybe doesn't sell BAD, but just not enough. However, seeing the Mario 25 year anniversary, which was a couple of roms on a DVD... I'm sure Capcom could do something similar. Some nice packaging, all the numbered Megaman games... 1 - 10, maybe including Megaman & Bass... something like that. Fans would be happy(-ish), and it wouldn't cost them all too much.

MegaBassBX

The Noble Sate User
Trophies
XP
Country
Capcom still owns the rights to Mega Man. They could very easily create a new game on their own. Heck, they were going to do Mega Man Legends 3 before canceling it. Whether they would be able to do it effectively without Inafune remains to be seen.

I doubt if they can do anything without him as in last few years he was struggling with the management of Capcom at that time he was making MegaMan Star force and he said it him self its the worst Megaman he ever made that also has ended the series all together owning rights doesn’t mean a great product a similar example is apple Steve jobs dies apple goes to the gutter , Walt Disney had the same the only difference is that those two died and Inafune is alive but without his help so , practically speaking mega man is dead , owwww I so loved that series :sad:

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: MegaBassBX

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Man, this thread could have people entered in the "world's thickest skull" competition.

That future article... is a lot of empty words. Take this, for example.
"You’ve hit upon the very nature of the discussions that we’ve been having for so long now,"Svensson said. "I think there are core aspects of the franchise that can transcend genres, ages and platforms. While I’m far from the only person with an opinion internally, I’m firmly in the camp of wanting 'jump and shoot' as a core tenet of any project we do. Beyond that, I think the ground is still fertile with room for creative expression."
What does that tell us about the future plans? It tells us jack shit. That entire paragraph is a waste of space.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

MegaBassBX

The Noble Sate User
Trophies
XP
Country
Man, this thread could have people entered in the "world's thickest skull" competition.

What does that tell us about the future plans? It tells us jack shit. That entire paragraph is a waste of space.

It means there is a future for the series , thats enough to make any fan happy.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It means there is a future for the series , thats enough to make any fan happy.
It doesn't mean there will be a future. That said, it DOES mean that they still care enough to at least talk about it. All he's saying is that there have been discussions of what kind of Mega Man games would be best, and giving his preference. It doesn't "guarantee" a future by any means.

MegaBassBX

The Noble Sate User
Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't mean there will be a future. That said, it DOES mean that they still care enough to at least talk about it. All he's saying is that there have been discussions of what kind of Mega Man games would be best, and giving his preference. It doesn't "guarantee" a future by any means.

Mmmmm…. ya your right :lol:

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

You've just described the vast majority of posts found on Capcom Unity, when they're not actually unveiling something new.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Endorsing a fan project that was ALREADY fully available
You keep saying that but is it actually available?
Seems odd to only make it available to download starting on the 17th if it's already released.

As far as I know, the game was known about, but then news about it disappeared some time after EVO.
Now we know it's because of this, who's to say Capcom did nothing?

Rockman GFF

Trophies
Website
shootingstar-rockman.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Fan Game = Fail

What? Do I have to use a keyboard to play this game? I'd rather play Street Fighter II The Rainbow Edition. Concept is still unoriginal, just like that shitty "25 Anniversary" hack of MM5.

And Street Fighter hasn't been hot since the 90s.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Fan Game = Fail

What? Do I have to use a keyboard to play this game? I'd rather play Street Fighter II The Rainbow Edition. Concept is still unoriginal, just like that shitty "25 Anniversary" hack of MM5.

And Street Fighter hasn't been hot since the 90s.
You can get a decent USB controller or 3rd party xbox 360 controller with a decent dpad for like $20 or $25... just saying.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
^ The average person isn't going to want to try and figure out how to use Joy2key. That's more work.

Whatever they'll do, they'll most likely won't implement that / don't really have interest to see if they would.
We must have a different definition of "average person."

Rockman GFF

Trophies
Website
shootingstar-rockman.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
^ Clearly.

Most fans of X or Zero Series are like this, that never really play the original series. Then again, I could say that about any English fanboy. Which is probably why the fangames and hacks all suck, because they're made by the English fans.

Again, lack of standards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr