• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 6,164
  • Replies 93
  • Likes 12
D

Deleted_171835

OP
When the project manager at Capcom was asked why there is no PS Vita version, he replied.

When we were developing Revelations for new platforms we really wanted to hone in on the experience you get with a large format screen, surround sound, etc. This type of setup really helps players get sucked into the horror vibe and enjoy the game to its fullest extent.

3DS and PS-vita infrastructure let alone developing games for them are extremely different beasts. Even just the screens as you mention are completely different resolutions/functions.

http://www.examiner.com/article/cap...dent-evil-revelations-isn-t-coming-to-ps-vita

ahahahahahaha, oh capcom.

time to repost that gif.

iGl9FbNZiYXR9.gif

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How exactly does a PSVita differ from a 3DS in respects other than resolution and not having a second screen, which admittedly helps with inventory management, but that's that?

The Vita control setup is near-identical to a standard home console controler, either this person never held one in his hands or he's just dumb.

Reactions: chartube12

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It's clear that Capcom doesn't want to port this due to horrible sales. They can easily do a washed down console port to the Vita with standard PS3-like controls (this isn't good anyway). Instead, they chose not to port anything at all.

But on the bright side, one less crappy port.

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Capcom just sees that there isn't much profit to be had by porting it to Vita, not at this point anyway, and they don't want to say it. No developer wants to call the Vita dead or a wasteland, but its not hard to see that the 3rd party support isn't very strong for the handheld, at least not as strong as it should be at this point in its life.

As TwinRetro explained, Vita has found itself in a vicious cycle:

Vita is tanking because of poor sales
Poor sales because no games
No games because devs won't make them
Devs won't make them because Vita is tanking

Short of a string of high quality 1st party games that suddenly expands the Vita consumer base significantly, the only hope I see for the handheld, is both fixing its memory card issue and lowering the price. I don't see either happening anytime soon either. So it is what it is.

Reactions: chris888222

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3ds is the better device good to see capcom admitting that only 3ds could have handle the last good resident evil game i am happy real gaming devices like ps3 360 wiiu and pc are getting it any other device would have destroy the quality

Andim

Trophies
XP
Country
Wanna know the real reason?
Capcom hasn't published a single Vita game since UMvC and especially SFxT flopped.

They've given up on the entire platform.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly does a PSVita differ from a 3DS in respects other than resolution and not having a second screen, which admittedly helps with inventory management, but that's that?

The Vita control setup is near-identical to a standard home console controler, either this person never held one in his hands or he's just dumb.
must be that they want their game on good consoles that make profit

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3ds is the better device good to see capcom admitting that only 3ds could have handle the last good resident evil game i am happy real gaming devices like ps3 360 wiiu and pc are getting it any other device would have destroy the quality

It's funny that, of that entire run-on sentence, the most unbelievable and trollish part of it was "the last *good* resident evil game"
RE:R...good.
That's pretty funny.

Reactions: Tom Bombadildo
D

Deleted-188346

OP
It's funny that, of that entire run-on sentence, the most unbelievable and trollish part of it was "the last *good* resident evil game"
RE:R...good.
That's pretty funny.
It's pretty much unanimously agreed upon that Revelations was a fantastic game.
But don't get me wrong, I recognize your braveness for suggesting that a popular and well received game is poor. It's very refreshing to see this on the internet particularly.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's pretty much unanimously agreed upon that Revelations was a fantastic game.
But don't get me wrong, I recognize your braveness for suggesting that a popular and well received game is poor. It's very refreshing to see this on the internet particularly.

Well I've never been a fan of the series for various reasons, maybe that's why I found the game pretty sub par, uninteresting and boring.
If I had actually spent money on the game myself I'd probably have loaded it into a gun and shot myself with it for making such a poor decision.
But hey that's just me.

Senbei Norimaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vita's sales suck because of a lack of homebrews. Why would I upgrade to my modded PSP to a Vita. At least Nintendo has games that appeal to me like Mario, Ace Attorney, Cooking Mama. Sony better leak some exploit if they want to save their system.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't understand you, soulx... You hate the Vita and yet you own one :huh:

Anyway, it's a shame since a game like RE in the Vita could help increase Vita's sales. (not because the game is a system seller, but because when you have few games any good game helps)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE