Capcom ransomware leaks suggest Resident Evil 4 coming to VR, more

capcom-logo-1605529655560.jpg
After being hit by a ransomware attack last week, stolen documents have begun to emerge from Capcom, detailing plans for future releases. While nothing is set in stone, a statement released on Capcom's website has confirmed that "development documents" were stolen as part of the recent attack, lending some possible credibility to the leaks. Some of the highlights include:

-Resident Evil 4 will be getting an Oculus-exclusive virtual reality release
-Resident Evil VIII: Village is aiming for an April 2021 release date, and will release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, as well as PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC.
-A new multiplayer Resident Evil codenamed "Project Highway" or "Village Online" that appears to be some sort of battle royale game.
-New Ace Attorney collection for Nintendo Switch and PS4, compiling the first three Ace Attorney games and localizations of the Dai Gyakuten Saiban ("The Great Ace Attorney") games. The Dai Gyakuten Saiban games were released in 2015 and 2017 and have been Japan-exclusive thus far. They focus on an ancestor of series protagonist Phoenix Wright and take place in Japan and Great Britain near the turn of the 20th century.
-A new IP codenamed "Guillotine" will be coming to the Switch as a timed exclusive in February, other platforms in May
-The source code for Devil May Cry 2 and The Umbrella Chronicles has leaked
-Google Stadia paid $10 million for Capcom to put Resident Evil VII: Biohazard and Village on the platform. Sony paid $5 million for the PSVR version, the timed exclusivity on DLC and the demo.

In their original ransom letter, Ragnar Locker claimed to have over 1TB of data belonging to Capcom. These leaks amount to only about 60GB, so it’s possible we’ll be seeing more leaks from Capcom in the near future.

Downloads for these files cannot be provided, though they are making their rounds across the internet, and have not been taken down from their original source yet.

:arrow: Source: 4chan

Last edited by Costello,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome for PS4 and PS5. I am so happy to have them for Resident Evil series. I am huge fan of Resident Evil. For Nintendo Switch, not so good.. I have it but I use it for homebrew. Nintendo never learn anything since Game Cube. SMH.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Resident Evil 4 will be getting an Oculus-exclusive virtual reality release
Is anyone else just absolutely exhausted of exclusivity shit? I am seriously feeling a push to leave gaming altogether as it's becoming a challenge to be able to do anything.

Want your PC library on Steam? Well go fuck yourself
Want to have a PS5 but also wanted to know what you were paying for first? Well go fuck yourself
Want to pay the standard 60 dollar price point for video games? Well go fuck yourself
Want to play this new VR game on your 10k Valve Index without hackfucks? Well go fuck yourself

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is anyone else just absolutely exhausted of exclusivity shit? I am seriously feeling a push to leave gaming altogether as it's becoming a challenge to be able to do anything

I tend to play games years after release for that exact reason, unless is a multi platform release.

Why? Because after a year or so the game stops being exclusive and ends bwing released on other things. Usually.

Exceptions are stuff like Nintendo games.

Microsoft so far seems to be releasing games both for whatever Xbox thing is the current model and Windows 10.

relauby

Idiot Child
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Google Stadia paid 10 dollars? Sounds about right

Games go on ridiculous sales all the time these days, Google obviously just caught Capcom at the right time and place :P

Thanks for pointing that out. It was supposed to be $10 million. The article’s been updated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning