Capcom No Spell-Checky

retKHAAAN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Typos and misspellings have become quite commonplace in our fast new age of digital publishing. It's even intentional most of the time where micro-blogging's concerned and character limits are tight.
Unfortunately, this probably won't fly as an excuse for the poor copy editor who let slip the spelling blunder on the packaging for Capcom's upcoming Nintendo 3DS release, Resident Evil: Revelations.

Advance copies of the games have been sent to members of the media (including Yahoo! Games), and we can confirm that adorned on the spine of the box is… er, shall we say, an unapproved variant of the game's subtitle. To be precise: "Revelaitons." (For what it's worth, the word on the packaging's face is correctly spelled.)

residenteviltypo.jpg

Source
http://games.yahoo.c...-002701699.html

Reactions: 6 people

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The media so should of kept this quiet and then when Capcom mass produced the mistake they would of looked like complete idiots on a global scale (seeing as the games getting a pretty much simultaneous global release)

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are typos like that worth money?
I know when TCGs have misprinted cards, they can end up selling for a fucking ton. Never thought about other things being misprinted though.

Good ol' spell check. It must be remarkably hard to fuck something like that up, and yet it happens.

D

Deleted-236924

I know when TCGs have misprinted cards, they can end up selling for a fucking ton. Never thought about other things being misprinted though.

Good ol' spell check. It must be remarkably hard to fuck something like that up, and yet it happens.
Nobember counts, IMO.

Reactions: 1 person

Mindzpeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
At least it didnt happen on the cover art. Capcom would have been laughed at for at least a week. (and Svensson sending tons of apologies to the news)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I dunno honestly. I know there's a few copies of odd-colored Gears of War covers floating around, someone I know has one. Not sure if they're worth anything honestly. You can always just get another print of a video game cover, cards are just special. Plus most cards usually get more expensive depending on age and even artist. Here's an example.

Just seems more laughable than anything else. Personally, I can't wait for Steet Fihter x Teken.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt