Capcom Initially Blamed Fans For ML 3 Cancellation!

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Original story:

With fans still wondering why Capcom cancelled the fan-based Mega Man Legends 3 project and prototype, Capcom Europe has an answer: lack of an audience.

Responding to one user via the Capcom Europe Twitter, the company commented:

it's a shame the fans didn't want to get more involved if we saw there was an audience for MML3 people might change minds

Update: Capcom Europe's Twitter has clarified its comments:

Apologies again. The original comment was in relation to the interaction in the Dev rooms NOT the fans who have been nothing but supportive[/p]

arrow.gif
Source

Lol what do you think of the initial statement??
wink.gif

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
To me, they look worse for catering and relying so much on fans. Innovation will not be found in them: the devs, both young and old, have to bring the feats to the game itself.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://i51.tinypic.com/2qm280g.jpg

I know Capcom are being idiots right now but they're beyond insane.

KingVamp said:
chris888222 said:
The updated sentence proves one thing: capcom no longer cares about Megaman
It has to be, they keep trying to dump it to someone else (fans).

Someone Twitt them to give Megaman to Nintendo.
Or give it to Inafune's company. At least he'd know what to do with it.

ganesh2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've seen a trailer for this game.

In fact, they were asking people about things to implement in the game...(as far as I understood)

Maybe they weren't getting enough participations from the gamers, and they cancelled it, thinking that no one cared about the game.

Maybe ?

Mario264

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They should of at least released the demo on eshop to see how many potential customers there were first. They don't even know how well it would've done.

ganesh2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's an interesting point.

Capcom may be schizophrenic: they make a Humongous amount of games under the same license, (like the street fighter series, or megaman)

they launched some spin offs of those games (megaman battle network, megaman legends, megaman ZX, megaman Zero...)

and they dont want to release a megaman legends 3 game ?

Knowing that if it is any good, they may be releasing megaman legends 4 one year after ?

Capcom is schizophrenic, after all.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My post from a fan site about the situation:

QUOTE said:
NO, this is just Capcom Europe’s excuse for why Legends 3 was cancelled. I mean, look at how they have treated the releases of many recent MM games in the past: The boxart would look like a retarded kindergartener made it. They only gave people the american English translation and passed it off as european. And, only shipped a few copies out to certain countries.

So, NO, talking or tweeting to Capcom Europe was the wrong thing to do. Either Capcom US or Capcom Japan, but even then they would still give the run around, because they do not want to have to answer for their actions. Capcom Europe just gave you the biggest excuse balanced on top of their middle finger.

Source: The Mega Man Network

Its just Capcom of Europe, the forgotten and most neglectful of the departments of Capcom. They (or probably the only ignorant and arrogant person on this Tweet Duty) do not reflect the overall sentiments of Capcom as a whole.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well this is a shock and i think capcom should give the mega man to nintedo casue he was on the nes has a start so yeah...

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
So Inafune should pass the license of MM Franchise to Nintendo, I KNOW Nintendo will rock MM and bring back the franchise on track. Atleast Nintendo doesn't cancel games.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
ganesh2 said:
It's an interesting point.

Capcom may be schizophrenic: they make a Humongous amount of games under the same license, (like the street fighter series, or megaman)

they launched some spin offs of those games (megaman battle network, megaman legends, megaman ZX, megaman Zero...)

and they dont want to release a megaman legends 3 game ?

Knowing that if it is any good, they may be releasing megaman legends 4 one year after ?

Capcom is schizophrenic, after all.
mylittlepony.png

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
So Inafune should pass the license of MM Franchise to Nintendo, I KNOW Nintendo will rock MM and bring back the franchise on track. Atleast Nintendo doesn't cancel games.
Its a possibility, but only time will tell at this point. I want to wait and see if Inti Creates disconnects from Capcom completely and join Inafune at his company, that will then take away more of a hold away from capcom.

Next Capcom's Production Studio 1 or 7 will have to disband as those are the two main in house departments that deal with Megaman games and Megaman related material.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is going sound so noobish but...

who is Inafune?

and do you guys think the cancel is blamed to the person who makes mega man who got fired/quit

some one quote me about the fired/quit part if i'm wrong or right about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Mj you are the father