Capcom has its most profitable year ever, plans to release 2 major games by next year

IMG_7873.JPG

Capcom has massively turned their situation around in the past fiscal year, releasing major hit games which has lead to the most successful and profitable year the company has ever had. Monster Hunter: World is still selling well, and has reached 8 million copies sold, the highest of any Capcom game ever. This is attributed to the series hitting mainstream status worldwide, allowing the game to sell well in all regions.

Capcom's sales were up by 8.4% (865 million) in the fiscal year ending in March 2018, while operating income raised 17.5% (160.6 million). This marks the fifth year in a row that Capcom has seen its profits rise, after a tumultuous 2012 and 2013 fiscal year.

Sales were also high not only in the west, but in Capcom's homeland as well, where Monster Hunter XX reached "hit" status, and sold relatively well in Japan. Capcom's CEO mentioned that the Nintendo Switch helped bring in significant sales with not only Monster Hunter XX, but Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers as well. The only disappointing game the company had was Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite, where sales have been "soft".

Plans going forward for 2019 include focusing more on digital sales, and ensuring their games do well in physical and digital format. e-sports investments will also increase, utilizing major IPs (Street Fighter). Lastly, Capcom plans to release two "major" unannounced game titles by the end of the next fiscal year.

What do you expect Capcom's major games to be? Devil May Cry? Another Resident Evil? Do you expect to see them revealed at E3? Are you excited to see the company succeeding again?

:arrow: Source

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Two major titles within a year, and outside of DMC there aren't even any big rumors as to what the other could be? Looks like capcom finally has a good turnaround due to an actually carefully crafted game (in MHW), now they see the numbers and start rushing and outsourcing the games out again with overconfidence, which is why infinite and V had awful sales.

Not exactly reassuring to me with the current information in hand.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To think that people used to say monster hunter world would flop hard and capcom would have to port it over to the switch to save it.... Now look at it :toot:

Wonder where are the people who claimed monster hunter would die on playstation :unsure:

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad Monster Hunter is finally getting the attention and recognition it deserves. A lot of work is put into that game in pretty much every regard -- art, design, gameplay, sound design, etc -- and it deserves every ounce of praise it gets for it. I may hate capcom with a passion but hot *damn* is Monster Hunter good.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two major titles within a year, and outside of DMC there aren't even any big rumors as to what the other could be? Looks like capcom finally has a good turnaround due to an actually carefully crafted game (in MHW), now they see the numbers and start rushing and outsourcing the games out again with overconfidence, which is why infinite and V had awful sales.

Not exactly reassuring to me with the current information in hand.
Maybe the 2nd game is remake 2. I feel at most its been teased. Maybe a new ace attorney game but doubt it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: