Gaming Capcom finally listened to your MH complaints

beta4attack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand the region lock aspect? Like now this game can play on a korean Wii-U? Europe can play this game anyways despite delayed release? What?
They region-locked the online multiplayer so you only play with people from the region of the game. Like for example, if you bought the European version you can only play with Europeans and you can't play with people from NA, etc

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They region-locked the online multiplayer so you only play with people from the region of the game. Like for example, if you bought the European version you can only play with Europeans and you can't play with people from NA, etc

That was fucking dumb of them to do. As if them unlocking it is doing people a favor. It shouldn't have been locked in the first place.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That was fucking dumb of them to do. As if them unlocking it is doing people a favor. It shouldn't have been locked in the first place.
The good thing about it is that you can direct players to servers in their own region though. For cross-region multiplayer, at least one party will have to be redirected to a server that is very far away or data will have to be sent between the servers, introducing more lag. That said it sucks to have it for the players and I don't think companies should use it.
Edit: Unless MH has P2P multiplayer in which case there is no reason whatsoever to region lock multiplayer.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
The good thing about it is that you can direct players to servers in their own region though. For cross-region multiplayer, at least one party will have to be redirected to a server that is very far away or data will have to be sent between the servers, introducing more lag. That said it sucks to have it for the players and I don't think companies should use it.
Edit: Unless MH has P2P multiplayer in which case there is no reason whatsoever to region lock multiplayer.
Yeah, playing with Japanese gamers online is quite laggy in my experience, as long as there was enough players to make a party/lobby I would'nt see the negatives of region locking

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, playing with Japanese gamers online is quite laggy in my experience, as long as there was enough players to make a party/lobby I would'nt see the negatives of region locking
Playing online with a friend who lives in a different region would be impossible.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also a smaller userbase. Especially considering the disproportionate amount of Monster Hunter players between Japan and the rest of the world.
Note the "as long as there were enough players to form a party/lobby". Also, playing with Japanese players would be somewhat annoying because, well, they are Japanese and voice chat wouldn't really work. (does the game even have voice chat with strangers?) It's a valid point though.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ah, was trying to make sense of that, thanks, that is pretty dumb, though latency issues might be a problem anyways, so it might've been a bad move.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was there a region lock with Tri on the wii? I can't remember a single time I've ever seen a japanese player online, and that had voice chat and keyboard support as well.

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
Was there a region lock with Tri on the wii? I can't remember a single time I've ever seen a japanese player online, and that had voice chat and keyboard support as well.
Yes. Locked to each region.

It uses P2P. It syncs based on the first person who enters each area that the monster you are hunting is in. In frontier it doesn't even bother syncing anything except what you are hunting so people can kill smaller monsters by hitting where they are on other players ends.

Then you clearly don't have friends outside of your immediate region unlike a fuckload of other people. A lack of negatives for you personally does not mean it is still a massive negative.

Jay Clay X

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
they should fix the shitty graphics mhu3 has on wii u, mfg Im the only one who notices how pathetic are the graphics in his game, and no excuses saying this game is all gameplay because i tried the demo and I got deeply boring

D

Deleted_171835

they should fix the shitty graphics mhu3 has on wii u, mfg Im the only one who notices how pathetic are the graphics in his game, and no excuses saying this game is all gameplay because i tried the demo and I got deeply boring
The graphics are great for a game that started off on the Wii.

D

Dork

Monster Hunter is an acquired taste, I don't blame you for getting bored. Graphics look just fine to me.

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capcom shouldn't be praised for doing what they're supposed to do in the first place.
They never promised free DLC missions, or any DLC missions in general for that matter. This along with supporting and distributing that Megaman fan game is a pretty big change from their slightly less recent actions.

Reactions: NightsOwl

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Region locking is stupid. All it means is less people to play with, which leads to more waiting, though MH3 on Wii seems to be okay with it.
Isn't that a good thing? Trying to find the right weapon and strategy? Although sometimes it just isn't fair with their running away and all.

After playing the demos, it's hard for me to decide on one. I know I'm not getting both.

I'd go for the Wii U version. The controls are way better IMO.

I wanted save transfer for my monster hunter tri save to import it to this game. :(
So would I. All that armor and level grinding for nothing come April when the MH3 servers go down :(. I thought for sure they'd have that, seeing as this game is basically Tri+

Reactions: xBASSxMONSTAx

beta4attack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The graphics are fine, I don't see why you say it's bad especially since it's only an HD port of a 3DS game which was a port of a Wii game which was a port of a PSP game. As for gameplay, I can't disagree with you since it's a personal taste thing, but from what I've heard, it's great fun when you're playing with someone and there's a lot more into it than just hunting those boss monsters (I think I heard something about farming? Not sure). The demo doesn't really give you the true feeling of the game and doesn't do it justice, as far as I have heard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: