Gaming Capcom explains Resident Evil: Revelations $50 price tag

D

Deleted_171835

Revelations is an AAA game that pushes the system more than any 3DS game currently does. I'm more than willing to pay $50 for it.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ahh Crapcom.. Why are you so greedy?

Meh, I don't even play RE, though this does seem interesting.

$50 bucks..really, if you want to play a scary game, go play Nanashi no Game with the patch. It's much cheaper, and you get a better scare. :D

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am getting sick of crapcom ,i am boycotting them ,for 1st of all canceling megaman legends,and second having only one sav and not have it re writeable for mercenaries ,i dont know ,anyone know if they are going to pull that $hit with this game too? and now this $50 price tag for a handheld game, i say everyone should boycott crapcom for awhile
screw them ,they are gong along with this new industry push to put gamestop and gamefly out of business ,not that i dont hate lamestop ,but this is getting out of hand
like sony now having 1 time use codes for their games if you want to use them on psn, it costs $10 for the online use code ,so that adds $10 to used games for all ps3 games that come out from now on, and what crapcom is doing is even worse ,by having only 1 game sav

if people dont start speaking up and start to boycott then all games will be play one time games
and they will be charging you for everytime you play a game ,
and there will be no such thing as buying games used ,you will all be paying full price for every game and then having to pay every time you want to play it again ,and then have to pay extra to play it online, god help us all when they go to a media-less online solution for gaming and also movies and music,
you know that what their plan is right?

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't get the problem. It costs more because it uses a bigger and more expensive card. If the Raid Mode is as fun as it sounds then the game has a nice lengthy single player game as well as a good amount of multiplayer. Which is all I need.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
And so it begins. If this game sells well then before you know it all 3DS games are going to be $50 just because they know people will buy them anyway
You lost that battle already when you agreed to pay $30 for games that should cost $1.

Reactions: 1 person

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get the problem. It costs more because it uses a bigger and more expensive card. If the Raid Mode is as fun as it sounds then the game has a nice lengthy single player game as well as a good amount of multiplayer. Which is all I need.
the problem is ,screw them ,let them eat the cost, if this is the excuse then prepared to be raped because the 3ds cart size will go all the way up to 20gigs ,so are we supposed to pay $80 for games in the future that will use the 20 gig carts? are they going to add $10 every time they need to go to a bigger cart? no that is ridiculous ,crapcom are greedy bastards, just boycott them
im still pissed about megaman legends, and if they were not going to finish it then at least release what is done for free or as a paid demo or something

so is this game going to be a 1 save only game like mercenaries too? does anyone know?

cause that is the most troubling thing they have done lately ,that is really what makes me want to boycott them ,thats what really pissed me off the most

we are not going to pay 40-50 to play a game 1 time,

they are going along with the latest disturbing trend in the industry,

everyone is bitching that they are loosing money because of used game sales ,its all BS ,its like honda saying they are loosing money because there are used car dealerships and then them coming up with a plan to close them all down and force you to buy a new car everytime you want to drive

Reactions: 1 person

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

The extra 2GB only adds $1 to actual costs.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh not the first time a dev wantef more money. But its up to the buyyer either u get it day one n pay the price or wait. Just like the ps3 anyone remeber that $600 price tag?
N the 3ds also. Who paid $2 while others waited n paid $160?

Ill get the game because it will be a good one n I can preorder it no put $1/ down then pick it up n feb for normaly game price. Do no biggy.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it is not.

That would just be overkill.

Isn't MGS 3D using a 4gb? Should the size of the card determine or help determine price?

For a MGS reference on that point, I believed MGS4 was atrociously large (like 50GB or something ridiculous) and it still cost the same as any other brand new PS3 game when it launched, or so I thought. Some Xbox games (Mass Effect 2, FFXIII, Lost Odyssey, BF3, etc) go across multiple discs but still cost the same as other brand new Xbox games that are on one disc.

So I guess "size doesn't matter".

Reactions: 3 people

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it is not.

That would just be overkill.

Isn't MGS 3D using a 4gb? Should the size of the card determine or help determine price?

For a MGS reference on that point, I believed MGS4 was atrociously large (like 50GB or something ridiculous) and it still cost the same as any other brand new PS3 game when it launched, or so I thought. Some Xbox games (Mass Effect 2, FFXIII, Lost Odyssey, BF3, etc) go across multiple discs but still cost the same as other brand new Xbox games that are on one disc.

So I guess "size doesn't matter".

Capcom just wants to see if suckers will fall for this so they can start charging even more for their future games and consequently other companies will start doing the same
The are many console-like games on the Psp and even on the 3DS and you don't see then being sold for more than the regular price. If this were a Limited Edition or something, i wouldn't mind paying for that. No way will i be paying for the game if it costs $50.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The extra 2GB only adds $1 to actual costs.

Where'd you hear that? It's not just the card, though. There're development costs for all the extra content, too.

Yet a game like Alan Wake took what, 4 years to develop? And it cost the same as every other Xbox 360 game that was brand new.

Capcom is selling this for $50 because they know they can sell it for $50 and people will still buy it.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
...its a new medium to save data on. just like usb sticks, data disks, sdds and hard drives, the larger (and rarer produced) ones are more expensive.
those 2 gb dont just cost 1$ more.

1. the 3ds's cart is, similar to the umds of the psp, developed by nintendo alone and probably produced by nintendo alone. nintendo likes to make some money on those carts. bitch move, but has always been the case when it wasnt simple cds.
2. as theres not a huge demand for the 4gb carts, they are most likely only produced when they are needed. meaning they have to start up a parallel production line, with workers, different chips and more expensive memory units.

a ps3 game using 50 or just 2 gb of a blue ray wont make any difference, cause the blue ray has to be paid either way. 2 blue ray disk games would most likely add another 5 bucks to a price, since its a new medium and full of licence payments (though i cant confirm that and have no idea if theres already 2 blue ray games)

similar to xboxs 3 disk games. a dvd doesnt cost a lot (anymore). 3 of them dont either. but imagine there would be a magical way to get a dvd that takes like 14 gb of data on one side and can still be read by a normal dvd laser. that magic dvd would of course be more expensive.

and you all should know that 3d and rendered sequences eat available disk space like a bitch, i guess they only use a little over 2 gb, but what can you do? you have to go double up at that point. and its probably cheaper than having a game use two 2gb carts

oh, and one last thing. they can ask for as much money as they want. its their right to ask for as much as they believe their game to be worth. considering theres hardly any alternative to this re game on the 3ds, you should be surprised they dont want 100$

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
...its a new medium to save data on. just like usb sticks, data disks, sdds and hard drives, the larger (and rarer produced) ones are more expensive.
those 2 gb dont just cost 1$ more.

1. the 3ds's cart is, similar to the umds of the psp, developed by nintendo alone and probably produced by nintendo alone. nintendo likes to make some money on those carts. bitch move, but has always been the case when it wasnt simple cds.
2. as theres not a huge demand for the 4gb carts, they are most likely only produced when they are needed. meaning they have to start up a parallel production line, with workers, different chips and more expensive memory units.

a ps3 game using 50 or just 2 gb of a blue ray wont make any difference, cause the blue ray has to be paid either way. 2 blue ray disk games would most likely add another 5 bucks to a price, since its a new medium and full of licence payments (though i cant confirm that and have no idea if theres already 2 blue ray games)

similar to xboxs 3 disk games. a dvd doesnt cost a lot (anymore). 3 of them dont either. but imagine there would be a magical way to get a dvd that takes like 14 gb of data on one side and can still be read by a normal dvd laser. that magic dvd would of course be more expensive.

and you all should know that 3d and rendered sequences eat available disk space like a bitch, i guess they only use a little over 2 gb, but what can you do? you have to go double up at that point. and its probably cheaper than having a game use two 2gb carts

oh, and one last thing. they can ask for as much money as they want. its their right to ask for as much as they believe their game to be worth. considering theres hardly any alternative to this re game on the 3ds, you should be surprised they dont want 100$

Put together by Nintendo, yes, and they may make the interface to the memory modules, but it's very doubtful they construct and assemble the modules for the 3DS cards from scratch. They are a game company, not a full-blown hardware company like Panasonic, Intel, etc.

3DS game cards can't be compared to SD cards, HDD, etc in price because they can't be re-written. Part of the extra cost comes from that capability alone. A single write-once DVD costs much less than a single re-writable DVD.

I may have exaggerated on it being only $1 more, but only a loony would think that an extra 2GB on these 3DS cards costs more than $3-4. These cards aren't like cartridges used by the GBA, SNES, etc. that had a high transfer rate, similar to computer RAM, as they became part of the device's memory itself, reading the game code straight from the carts. The DS, 3DS, etc require loading/transfer protocols for any interaction between the devices and the cards they use, and that data must be stored on the device's own RAM before they can be used.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he just said a 2 disc blu ray ps3 game would be 5$ more than a 1 disc one, thats crazy, i can get a blu ray blank bd-r for like 1.20 ,and the ones they use are not for burners, they are to be professionally pressed ,and there much cheaper than that even ,i bet its like 20 cents for a blu ray disc that is pressed and not made to be written in a home burner,if that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night