Capcom explains Resident Evil: Revelations $50 price tag

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by KingVamp, Nov 2, 2011.

1. KingVamp
    OP

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States

I'll be waiting for a price drop.
    If you didn't want the rest of games going to $50+, I would wait.
    Game prices are getting way to high.

Then they may add abusive dlc later on in which they will put in a Ultimate addition one month after. ( :tpi:) jk

I'm not sure if it unfair to say, I don't even believe them.
    Maybe I'm being harsh, but I didn't want to see these game prices go up, specially if they aren't telling true( as in not a good reason)
    and they just want more money. (Greed)

Not only that, I think is going to sell less because of that price tag which I didn't want translate to, we didn't like the game.

2. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I think $50 is understandable for a full blown 3D huge hardcore title + online multiplayer. I think the price might include the Slider Attachment but even without I think it's worth the price.

3. KingVamp
    OP

United States
    Well maybe I'm harsh on this, but I didn't think I'm going to buy it at $50. :sleep:

Maybe I per-order to at least get that case.

I think it going to allow other companies to use the same reason...

4. ashxu

Member ashxu GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    pfft, Australians get 3DS/DS games at $70 usually. $50 is considered cheap.

Also I don't see whats wrong with the price. $50 isn't even that bad. Aren't full priced games $60 in America? It's a 20 hour game with online multiplayer. That's not even being remotely greedy.

5. LTK

Member LTK GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I'm guessing this will translate to a £35 price tag in England if we're lucky. I'm guessing maybe £40 though. Just another case of Capcom getting a bit big headed again, do not buy this at the high price unless you want to set a rate for other publishers to set for their "premium" games.

1 person likes this.
  6. KingVamp
    OP

United States
    Wouldn't they make your price higher as well? All ,'till now, all our 3ds games was $40 or lower.

I would use psv for a example, but didn't know the game prices...

7. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    A few games are released at $30; Tetris Axis did and it features AR, Online wifi, etc a pretty damn fleshed out game

8. Terenigma

Member Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

United Kingdom
    Resident Evil Revelations is an all new Resident Evil title with over 20 hours of gameplay, and cutscenes beautifully rendered in fear-inducing 3D," a Capcom spokesperson told me in an e-mailed statement. "A true console experience on a handheld device, Resident Evil Revelations is an epic title that offers both a single-player campaign for that classic survival horror gaming experience, and an additional RAID mode that can be played cooperatively or single player. To handle all of the money we lost with resident evil the mercenaries 3d we thought we would try and con you outta more money, resulting in a higher price point.

Fixed

Still the game looks actually good and with a reasonable price tag i WILL be getting this.

9. keyser3

Newcomer keyser3 Member

Brazil
    wonder if this should be the one subtitled "Mercenaries"

10. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    I'm gonna have to go out on a limb here, but i'm probably getting it, despite sucking horribly at the previous Resident Evil titles (attempted Deadly Silence, but man I just confuzzled with the fixed camera controls).

i think the price is justified. top notch quality software, plus we all know that cartridges cost way more than discs, so it's pretty understandable. if you still think it's overpriced knowing this, then you may be looking at the price from a different perspective than mine (mine being having a steady income; some people may be looking at the price from an allowance perspective, like students or people with no real way to earn money).

11. 10_0ARMY

Member 10_0ARMY THE *Original* 1 Man Army

United States
    Holy shit, gtfo of there. 70 dollars is ridiculously over priced for handle held games. If this game turns out to be really good 50 dollars is an understandable cost (which apparently will cost Australians freaking 100 dollars). Generally gamers won't mind higher prices for better games. I'll dish out the 60 dollars for a ps3 game if it's really good even though I usually wait for a mega price drop, likewise I dished out the 70 dollars for Skyward Sword. The gaming industry has always ripped off the consumer to make extra money and here is another instance of it. Plus, if it comes out during the holiday season, just get someone to buy it for you, or spend all the giftcards and cash you get on it. it is what it is and we, as the consumers, have to live with it.....or search a torrenting site for it later lol

12. xxNathanxx

Member xxNathanxx GBAtemp Regular

Tonga
    The price is 5 (five) dollars higher than a regular (3)DS(i) game, and the game will keep you busy for quite some time. What's there to complain about?

1 person likes this.
  13. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I'm gonna hold off on getting this game for a bit, at least until multiple reviews come through. If it's truly worth the $50 price tag, then I expect those reviews to praise it.

My main concern about the $50 price tag is how many future games will end up with it just because they expound the "console experience"? What if PSVita games happen to never go over $40? That in itself will radically change this notion of paying more because of what it offers.

14. Valwin

Banned Valwin The Neautral Gamer

United States
    For what i hear the games is like a full console xperience so to me is worth it

15. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i've never agreed with handheld games being the same price as consoles games, ds games are still the same price as console games and i don't see how capcom can justify the price of this game at all apart from greed, and you know they are going to lock out content intentionally anyway.

on top of that game devs have no right increasing the price of their games when they rip us off with online passes and day one dlc to drip feed us content, gaming is not only getting greedy it's getting ridiculous too.

1 person likes this.
  16. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    I wonder how KingVamp manage to buy a 3Ds in the first place,...

Pip'

17. Ssx9

Member Ssx9 GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I'd rather wait for reviews, but if the game is really good as capcom is saying it is, then it's totally worth the 50 bucks.

18. KingVamp
    OP

United States
    What does buying a 3DS has to do with my fear/worry of overprice games?

1 person likes this.
  19. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    Only Capcom Direct and GameStop have it at that price so just buy it from somewhere else.

20. Necron

Member Necron Lurking~

Chile
    Here, most games are $80-90