Capcom comments on death threats made due to DmC: Devil May Cry

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Recently the company behind the making of the new DMC game, Ninja Theory, have been sent death threats for their involvement in the making of the game. Christian Stevenson, the Corporate Officer and Senior Vice-President of Capcom, recently posted a short comment regarding the situation.

"Death threats have no place in civilized society. Period."

:arrow: Source

(I can't put the url in the the word Source on this laptop for some reason)

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
ya i agree, nero was good but they should have stuck to the original theme and chars like RE or MGS. besides i feel the taste no more remains in the game like it did during DMC3.
capcom have to act like sony did after their PSN attack

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
ya i agree, nero was good but they should have stuck to the original theme and chars like RE or MGS. besides i feel the taste no more remains in the game like it did during DMC3.
Like giving free copies of the game? Why would they do that?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
*Death threats* over a *video game*. Some people really have no life. I'm happy to hear a short and snappy response a'la "Deal wit'it", that's how it should been dealt with.

Reactions: 2 people

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I can't share their hate, because I've yet to actually play the game. If I actually had a reason to hate him (other than he looks "different"), it would be because I wasted my time playing a crap game with a crap story.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The new Dante is rather shit but not shit enough for a death threat. Maybe for a nice boycott or robbery. And by robbery I mean "Break into their studios and destroy all game data".

I vote we form a team and follow through with this.

Unfortunately, I can't share their hate, because I've yet to actually play the game. If I actually had a reason to hate him (other than he looks "different"), it would be because I wasted my time playing a crap game with a crap story.

He doesn't look "different"
He looks like an emo Twilight dipshit teenager, instead of Dante. I could handle a teenage Dante, that's completely cool, but how the fuck did they get some scrawny emo kid who probably starred in Twilight, out of Dante in his teenage years?
The artist who decided that is a complete retard.

Reactions: 3 people

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate the new Dante as much as anybody else, but death threats?

Crazy fans, you aren't making the rest of us look any better.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
Like giving free copies of the game? Why would they do that?

not really, do something that will win some fans back which can be by giving away games but they are capable of doing so since sony had/have psn. they could ACTUALLY follow people's requests and give free DLCs or announce fan-loved games etc

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
I did not play any of the other DMC games, but looking at the "young" Dante compared to the regular Dante... I really think they missed some key facial features for a proper age regression. Which is most of why the character seems "off" to everyone. Really need a good side by side face to be sure, overall it could use some work.

More On Topic, I think they should have made the death threats toward the character. Like "If you don't fix him we will make sure this franchise dies and takes the character with it."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte