Capcom announces Mega Man Legacy Collection and confirms E3 Lineup

capcomlogo.jpg

Capcom just released their E3 2015 lineup. Below you can see the full unedited press release. Please be excited.

London, UK. -- June 8, 2015 -- Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced new details for its upcoming title lineup and confirmed its roster of playable titles to be shown at the 2015 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles next week. The newly announced Mega Man(TM) Legacy Collection includes faithful reproductions of the original six Mega Man(R) games along with a new Challenge Mode and a Museum collection of art assets that will appeal to both new players and diehard fans. This digital collection will be available across North America and Europe this summer for PlayStation(R)4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PC, followed by a winter release on Nintendo 3DS(TM). In addition to playable demos for Mega Man Legacy Collection, Resident Evil(TM) 0, and Devil May Cry(TM) 4 Special Edition, E3 will be the first major event appearance for the highly anticipated Street Fighter(TM) V, which will hype up its presence with a tournament stage and interactive photo opportunity for attendees. Capcom will release new assets and information for Street Fighter V on June 15.

Details on Capcom's full roster of titles on display at its booth #2423 in the South Hall of the LA Convention Centre are as follows:

Street Fighter V (PS4(TM), PC):

The legendary fighting franchise returns with Street Fighter V! Powered by Unreal(R) Engine 4 technology, stunning visuals depict the next generation of World Warriors in unprecedented detail, while exciting and accessible battle mechanics deliver endless fighting fun that both beginners and veterans can enjoy. Challenge friends online, or compete for fame and glory on the Capcom Pro Tour. Street Fighter V will be released exclusively for the PlayStation(R)4 and PC. Through a strategic partnership between Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. and Capcom, the next generation Street Fighter(R) experience will offer cross-platform play that will unite fans into a centralized player base for the first time ever. The path to greatness begins here: RISE UP!

Mega Man Legacy Collection (PS4, Xbox One, PC - summer; Nintendo 3DS - winter):

Mega Man Legacy Collection is a celebration of the 8-bit history of Capcom's iconic Blue Bomber. Featuring faithful reproductions of the series' origins with the original six Mega Man games, the Legacy Collection will remind long-time fans and introduce newcomers to what made Mega Man such a popular and iconic character. In addition to the six Mega Man games, Mega Man Legacy Collection features new ways to experience the classic games with the Museum Mode and new Challenge Mode. Challenge Mode remixes gameplay segments from all six games, with plenty of scaling difficulty objectives for experienced players to conquer yet serving as a good starting point for new players, too. Museum Mode contains a comprehensive collection of history, high-res art and original concept pieces - a mega treat for any fan of Mega Man and video game history.

Resident Evil 0 (PS4, PS3(TM), Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC - Early 2016):

The recently confirmed Resident Evil 0 is a remastered version of the popular prequel to the original Resident Evil(R) game. The new title takes the fear-inducing atmosphere from the original 2002 release and transforms it with stunning new HD visuals, improved sound, widescreen support and an optional modernized control system. Both series fans and newcomers alike can experience the story of what really happened before the iconic mansion incident that was the catalyst for the entire Resident Evil saga.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition (PS4, Xbox One, PC - Available from June 23, 2015):

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition includes the original 2008 release, which went on to sell over 3 million copies worldwide, plus three new playable characters, Turbo Mode, Legendary Dark Knight Mode, new costumes, and additional gameplay improvements. With a total of five unique playable characters, Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition features the largest roster in any Devil May Cry(R) game to date. The Special Edition also features freshly powered-up visuals on PC and next gen consoles, supporting a 1080p resolution and stunning high-res textures, and also retains the original title's smooth 60fps.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yay Mega Man, but will it support the features available on modern emulators? I know some will say "but you have the codes for progress!", but we're talking about 2015 here with saving a standard. Also no games for the Wii U announced (though Mega Man is coming to 3DS in the winter).

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people are upset over the MM Legacy Collection because it's only 1-6, where the anniversary collection had a lot more to offer. I personally don't see how they can advertise it as converted to 1080p either. I get the original was programmed for tube TV's and such, but they've been porting these games for the past 25 years already, and there's nothing to be said about an 8-bit game looking good in "stunning 1080p HD".

Either way, it's good to see the 3DS is finally getting an official port of these games in some fashion.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm not sure
While it is cheap and controls will be better it comes at the price of less games then anniversary and emulators.

Think ill stick to using my android to play the classic mega man for now

Same, and besides, I have most of these games already on the eShop and my Nexus 7 tablet. Well, still more games than that joke of a 25th Mario Anniversary Collection :creep:

Hungry Friend

It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's hope the emulation they use for the collection won't suck this time like it did on the Anniversary Collection (reversed button mapping and bad sound quality) ;)

My NES is fucked so I'll stick to emulating the NES classics. Nestopia is my preferred emu.(unofficial version, 1.46 from sometime last year)

Reactions: the_randomizer

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same, and besides, I have most of these games already on the eShop and my Nexus 7 tablet. Well, still more games than that joke of a 25th Mario Anniversary Collection :creep:
Well that okay for a collectables that came with it and it was cheaper than buying the games one by one

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that okay for a collectables that came with it and it was cheaper than buying the games one by one

Right, and the Anniversary Collection used shoddy emulation, Nestopia is far superior than the emulator they used.
My NES is fucked so I'll stick to emulating the NES classics. Nestopia is my preferred emu.

Well that sucks, emulation is just easier to do lol.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, and the Anniversary Collection used shoddy emulation, Nestopia is far superior than the emulator they used.

Well that sucks, emulation is just easier to do lol.
Well generally speaking anniversary games use inferior emulators or ones that aren't as good due to multiple reasons but I would be good if the actually ported them

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this Mega Man collection has a proper save system (not savestates; real saving between stages to replace passwords) it'll be an instant buy for me. If it doesn't, it'll be a non-buy for me.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nnnngh... nope sorry, trying to be excited but just can't. Megaman? Big deal... as if we've not played those to death already. Should've whapped all 10 in for a start. Challenge mode I'll keep an eye out for though.

RE0 & DMC4? 'Yay' more remasters! Not in my opinion the greatest games ever, or indeed the best in their respective series's either, not interested in the slightest!

Street Fighter V though, now you're talking!! :D Little bit of shine taken off this for me though recently: I grabbed the PS4 version of Ultra SFIV thinking it'd be the ultimate version. Jesus wept....

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Too little, too late.
I'm a big Mega Man fan (I'm even working with Blyka's Mega Man Engine in Game Maker right now) and at least they could have included MM9 and MM10 as well. This is just some sort of game an emulator and a few modders could have done for free.
Sorry, Crapcom, but I won't buy this, especially because the 3DS version takes so long.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Eh I might pirate the 3ds collection when it comes out, I haven't really played the megaman games.
Maybe they should try making some new games or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/