Capcom Announce Street Fighter 3rd Strike

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by luke_c, Jul 24, 2010.

Jul 24, 2010
  1. luke_c
    OP

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    Capcom Announce Street Fighter 3rd Strike
    'Online Edition' Remake
    [​IMG]

After asking fans to look forward to the 3DS version of Super Street Fighter IV at his panel at the San Diego Comic-Con, producer, Yoshinori Ono, revealed that he is working on an online edition of Street Fighter 3rd Strike.

While the game won’t be releasing any time soon, as development only began recently, Ono asks that fans voice their requests for the online edition at Capcom’s community site. Ono is open to adding new features to the game.

Capcom have yet to announce how many platforms the game will be made available for, but it’s safe to assume it will appear on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 at the very least. A re-release of Street Fighter 3rd Strike has been a topic addressed by Capcom USA. — who are primarily responsible for spearheading the company’s fighting game projects — on numerous past occasions as well.[/p]
    [​IMG] Source

I can't really say much about this myself as I never played the original game, but i'm sure Street Fighter fans will be very pleased.

2. XXLANCEXX

Member XXLANCEXX GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Depends On Which Version I dont Want Second Impact....I WANT THE FIGHT FOR THE FUTURE version

3. Pazuzu

Newcomer Pazuzu Advanced Member

Ireland

4. shadow1w2

Member shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    Adding 3D models or more chars, putting in animations that were left on the cutting board. Things like that might be a nice extra.
    Personally I'd like to see all three versions in one package along with all the Dreamcast version's game tweaking options all online and ready to go.
    And perhaps a mixed mode that blends in all the options and maybe a remixed soundtrack as an added bonus. (heck that would be nice DLC to see really, full official soundtrack replacements)

I think they'll just leave it to an Arcade or Dreamcast port and call it done. Adding online play ofcourse.
    Though that would be rather cheap as most Street Fighter 3 fans already play it online through emulators.
    So they better add a ton of extras for making us wait ten years plus.

I'll be looking forward to it, SF3 was the best, but if they don't add much besides online play there won't be alot of reason for me to move from my faithfull dreamcast version.
    At least add a gallery mode I suppose. That animation is still some nice stuff even today. Some pre-production animation videos would be kinda nice to watch.

5. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Umm... the full title of 3rd Strike is "Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight For The Future".
    2nd Impact was the 2nd version of SF3, and this is a remake/port of the 3rd version, which is 3rd Strike.