Hardware Capacitor Identification for Proper replacement

OhItsSlick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I was replacing the P13 IC, I accidentally blew off the cap that is circled in red in the picture. How would I go about in finding a proper replacement? I've seen online that a 0201 cap rated at 0.1uF is what I need but I've also seen 0201 at 0.12pF being recommended, i'm totally lost.

Attachments

• switch caprating.PNG
    switch caprating.PNG
    424.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by OhItsSlick,

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Measure the neighbour capacitors, and they will give you a clue, as they are being used for the same purpose between the IC and the EMI filters, they should be of the same value.

OhItsSlick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Measure the neighbour capacitors, and they will give you a clue, as they are being used for the same purpose between the IC and the EMI filters, they should be of the same value.
Is there a specific mode I should use on my multimeter for this?

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there a specific mode I should use on my multimeter for this?

Capacitance measurement.

But you must remove a -working- capacitor from the board to get a correct reading. You can use an ESR meter or a pair of smart tweezers but they are expensive, so lets keep things simple (and cheap).

OhItsSlick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capacitance measurement.

But you must remove a -working- capacitor from the board to get a correct reading. You can use an ESR meter or a pair of smart tweezers but they are expensive, so lets keep things simple (and cheap).
I don't think the multimeter I have (AstroAI AM33D) has a capacitance measurement mode. Take a look at the picture I attached, those these ratings seem accurate?

Attachments

• switchcap.PNG
    switchcap.PNG
    77.7 KB · Views: 17
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SG854 @ SG854: The comedians are going to have a field day with this