phantastic91

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Haven't posted in a while, but this annoyed me so much I have to post this. I just read this here:

http://gonintendo.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=99258

"Can I Log Into My Nintendo Network Account on a Different Console?
Answer:

-No, you cannot. A Nintendo Network Account can only be used on the console where it was created. In the future, you will be able to use your Nintendo Network Account with future Nintendo consoles and other devices, such as PC's."

and I lost most of my hype for the system as a result.

Optimistically, I wanted to bring my account to a friends place to play games I own on the account. At worse, I still wanted to sign into my accounts at a friends place to play with my save data. You can't even do that.

I feel like this account system is so limited and this is suppose to be next generation...

am I overreacting? Or could this whole account system be a lot better?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Perhaps the Nintendo Network's infrastructure isn't finished yet and this is a future feature - it would certainly be convenient to be able to access your account on different consoles (on one console at a time though - we know what happens when that's not restricted!), sharing the saves either via SD or via some kind of cloud storage.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
this will cause a problem because if you decide to buy a new wii u console and you want to login to your account you won't be able to do that, nintendo are starting to grind my gears so much control and so much lockdowns soon you won't be able to touch the console let alone play it because it has so much control. :(

phantastic91

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps the Nintendo Network's infrastructure isn't finished yet and this is a future feature - it would certainly be convenient to be able to access your account on different consoles (on one console at a time though - we know what happens when that's not restricted!), sharing the saves either via SD or via some kind of cloud storage.

I think they are specific is that in the future it will work with "with future Nintendo consoles and other devices, such as PC's." I dont see any mention of it supporting other wii u consoles.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I think they are specific is that in the future it will work with "with future Nintendo consoles and other devices, such as PC's." I dont see any mention of it supporting other wii u consoles.
That could be due to them not wanting to promise a feature that might not end up making the cut in a later update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What Network is it on? I wanna see what you guys are talking about. N What time frame is it on...