Hacking Can't use the .evoCheats file

NeeoGenesisX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to input custom codes, but for some odd reason it doesn't show up when I load the game. I put in the correct region and ID code, but it still doesn't show up. Then i went around looking for answers, and some said to put in the same name, or the Cyclo doesn't reconize it. I put in the exact same name as the ROM file and it doesn't work. Then i tried to put the name in with that browse button, that little square with the 3 dots on it, but it still doesn't work. Does someone know what's going on? The firmware is i think 1.51, the most recent, and I'm trying to get codes for Disgaea and Chrono Trigger. And now i tried to get the .evoCheats file from the cheat section, downloaded and checked to make sure it was readable. I saw all the cheats, flung it into my root files, AND IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!! The cheats for other like Pokemon still work, but I can't seem to get new ones in.

budrow66

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure waht you meant by most of that post but if you want to use the cheat database file from GBAtemp on the cyclo it goes in the CycloDS folder not the root, and I am sure you did but unzip it first and make sure cheats are enabled in the menu.

NeeoGenesisX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just took the file i got from the cheat section and threw it into the root. I just replaced my old file with it. The codes for some games work, but Disgaea and Chrono Trigger strangely doesn't work. At first I thought I made a mistake inputting it. That's when i replaced the one i made with the one I got from this site, and it still doesn't work. So far i only checked for Disgaea and Chrono, but I think there's a few others that doesn't work. I tried different ROMS too. Makes no sense... And I don't patch my ROMS or modify them in any way aside from changing the file names.

D

Deleted User

Create a new file called user.evocheats and set up the Chronotrogger cheats in that with evotools then copy and paste it into the same folder as the default one.

budrow66

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if your cheats will work if they are on the root. They need to be in the CycloDS folder. Cause it sounds like your default cheats are working and user cheats are not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: GM all