Can't use older version of cia with FBI

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Slattz, May 13, 2016.

1. Slattz
    OP

Slattz Easygoing Fairy

Nov 21, 2015
    Ireland
    Hi! So I'm trying to reinstall the exploitable version of the web browser (ver 1.7567 [title version v4096] ) But I keep getting an error saying its Invalid or oudated title version.Is it because of the Ver. 11.0.0-33 update? I was able to install it on the previous system update... Thanks :)

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    why do you want the exploitable browser?

3. Slattz
    OP

Slattz Easygoing Fairy

Nov 21, 2015
    Ireland
    Want to restore an old acnlram.bin.

4. Pikm

Pikm Thy Lord and Savior

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    Delaware
    It is because of the 11.0 update;
    • Downgrading in general, regardless of any arm11 kernel exploits (like svchax) released in the future, has been broken (possibly permanently). The firmware now contains a hardcoded list of minimum versions, and will not let us install a system title of a lower version than in the list, even if we have permission to install our own titles. This will make downgrading on 11.0.0's firmware impossible if no software workaround is found.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You can work around this though. Create a second (or singular if on a9lh) emunand, restore a NAND backup from an earlier version (or do the hardmod workaround thing but use EmuNAND9 to flash the backup), and you can then downgrade the title from there. Backup the save from your ACNL game (if digital) use it with the exploit to restore the acnlram.bin, back up your save again, and then restore it to your main game. If you have the game card there's no need to backup the save.

Slattz likes this.
  5. Slattz
    OP

Slattz Easygoing Fairy

Nov 21, 2015
    Ireland
    Thanks so much! I figured this was the case. Ninty hit us really hard this update :/

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I literally just done this :P