Homebrew Can't use older version of cia with FBI

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi! So I'm trying to reinstall the exploitable version of the web browser (ver 1.7567 [title version v4096] ) But I keep getting an error saying its Invalid or oudated title version.Is it because of the Ver. 11.0.0-33 update? I was able to install it on the previous system update... Thanks :)

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! So I'm trying to reinstall the exploitable version of the web browser (ver 1.7567 [title version v4096] ) But I keep getting an error saying its Invalid or oudated title version.Is it because of the Ver. 11.0.0-33 update? I was able to install it on the previous system update... Thanks :)
It is because of the 11.0 update;
  • Downgrading in general, regardless of any arm11 kernel exploits (like svchax) released in the future, has been broken (possibly permanently). The firmware now contains a hardcoded list of minimum versions, and will not let us install a system title of a lower version than in the list, even if we have permission to install our own titles. This will make downgrading on 11.0.0's firmware impossible if no software workaround is found.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can work around this though. Create a second (or singular if on a9lh) emunand, restore a NAND backup from an earlier version (or do the hardmod workaround thing but use EmuNAND9 to flash the backup), and you can then downgrade the title from there. Backup the save from your ACNL game (if digital) use it with the exploit to restore the acnlram.bin, back up your save again, and then restore it to your main game. If you have the game card there's no need to backup the save.

Reactions: Slattz

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Thanks so much! I figured this was the case. Ninty hit us really hard this update :/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can work around this though. Create a second (or singular if on a9lh) emunand, restore a NAND backup from an earlier version (or do the hardmod workaround thing but use EmuNAND9 to flash the backup), and you can then downgrade the title from there. Backup the save from your ACNL game (if digital) use it with the exploit to restore the acnlram.bin, back up your save again, and then restore it to your main game. If you have the game card there's no need to backup the save.

I literally just done this :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup