ROM Hack Cant use newer cheats?

kylertesch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i downloaded the newest cheat data off the database, put it on my M3 simply and i can use it with newer games like Kingdom hearts 358/2 days, but not Phantasy Star 0 (u). I mean i opened up the cheat data and it even shows the code for PS0 but when i turn my DS on i cant activate them, the "Cheat (Y)" thing at the bottom shows up for any game BUT PS0... Any help would be greatly appreciated.
biggrin.gif

kylertesch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I changed the game ID to my PS0 file, by using the browse function on R4CCE, still no luck. Ive tried with the .xml and the .dat, neither work. Whats the game enable check box used for?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kylertesch said:
Im using 1.14 currently, if i can play PS0 fine, shouldnt it use the cheats fine as well?
No.
Due to poor coding of the R4/M3Simply firmware, Cheat.dat/Usrcheat.dat files are "limited" to a certain size.
When the file becomes larger than the limit, it will start to cut games off, usually around O's and P's.

The solution is to use YSMenu.
Also, YSMenu + DSTT 1.17a12 has a much better compatibility rate with ROMs than the very outdated official firmwares.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kylertesch said:
I changed the game ID to my PS0 file, by using the browse function on R4CCE, still no luck. Ive tried with the .xml and the .dat, neither work. Whats the game enable check box used for?

Dude, did you NOT Check marked the "GAME ENABLE" section? If not, you were supposed to, and that explains why the cheats won't show up.

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kylertesch said:
Lol arent there a bunch of problems with YSmenu? I read about them a long time ago and gave up trying to get it i think..
The only problem I have with YSmenu that I didn't have with the OFW on my M3 Simply is that the Jump Ultimate Stars translation patch doesn't work. (At least, it's the only problem I can specifically attribute to YSMenu.)

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm just having problems with cheat codes working on my Acekard running AKAIO 1.5 with the 12/14/09 loaders.
Take a CLEAN ROM of Zelda Spirit Tracks; the ALL TREASURES and ALL TRAIN PARTS codes DO NOT WORK even though others say they are working for their game/emulator/flashcard.
WTF!?! Is this a problem with the Cheat Database!?
Should I use the CHEAT.DAT instead of using the USRCHEAT.DAT for AKAIO!?
Should I inform Norm about this as it could be a bug in AKAIO?

Someone please give me some answers to my questions before Elixir comes over to my house and kills me from annoying people on the cheat forums about codes not working and posting lengthily posts displaying the code and if it is working or not.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:
I'm just having problems with cheat codes working on my Acekard running AKAIO 1.5 with the 12/14/09 loaders.
Take a CLEAN ROM of Zelda Spirit Tracks; the ALL TREASURES and ALL TRAIN PARTS codes DO NOT WORK even though others say they are working for their game/emulator/flashcard.
WTF!?! Is this a problem with the Cheat Database!?
Should I use the CHEAT.DAT instead of using the USRCHEAT.DAT for AKAIO!?
Should I inform Norm about this as it could be a bug in AKAIO?

Someone please give me some answers to my questions before Elixir comes over to my house and kills me from annoying people on the cheat forums about codes not working and posting lengthily posts displaying the code and if it is working or not.

I don't really think that switching to CHEAT.DAT to USRCHEAT.DAT would make a difference. Have you tried updating that kind of code?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: