Hacking Can't use browserhax on 10.1

Mumsie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got my sd card on tuesday, right as nintendo updated firmware to 10.4. Now my o3dsxl is on firmware 10.1, however, when trying to use browserhax I kept getting harassed by the system to update and then it would boot me out of browser.

At this point a buddy of mine told me about the dns fix, and I did it, but instead of a popup saying "an update is required to use the browser" the popup I got now was "the browser is unavailable at this time, please try again later". So I can't use browserhax without updating. This wouldn't have been a problem if I just got my sd card a few days earlier as I could have updated to 10.3 and been on my merry way. However since 10.4 is out, I'm screwed.

Now I've heard browserhax still works for 10.4, however what doesn't work is Memchunkhax2 and I believe that is what actually lets you downgrade to 9.2. I wanted to ask for some advice.

Currently I have 3 options. Option 1 is to buy a 3ds flashcart for who knows how much, and go that route. Option 2 is to buy cubic ninja for 60 bucks. Or option 3, which is what I want to ask about, do you think there will be a fix for Memchunkhax2 for 10.4? Is it worth waiting, are there people currently working on that, so you can downgrade to 9.2 on firmware 10.4?

Anyway, sorry for the long winded post, I was just pretty bummed out yesterday that my timing was awful and I missed being about to play glorious 3ds games by literally a day or two. So, what do you guys think I should do? Do you have any advice or words of wisdom that could help me out? Thank you.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cubic Ninja is your best and cheapest option. I wouldn't hold your breath for a method of downgrading from 10.4 to 9.2. I would get Cubic Ninja and use it to downgrade from 10.1 to 9.2.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Do you have any friends with hacked 3DSes (or a Sky3DS flash cart)? If so, Ocarina of Time 3D becomes an option you can use for hacking/downgrading, instead of the more expensive Cubic Ninja. If you have a friend or friends with Sky3DS though, you could also just use a Cubic Ninja ROM to get started.

Mumsie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you by any chance updated it using some game cart?

What do you mean? I didn't update my system at all, I'm still on firmware 10.1 which was what was on my 3ds when I received it from ebay. I was just curious if there will ever be a chance we'll be able to downgrade to 9.2 from 10.4, or maybe be able to use a different firmware version to install cfw(wishful thinking).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I cant fucking believe this. Finally After Over a year we got a new kexploit and now you want ANOTHER one?

So ungrateful. Nobody is making a kexploit for 10.4.

You don't need free games.

Your Welcome:
ArrowPointingDown.jpg
I'm sorry, did my post give off an air of narcissistic entitlement? Pretty sure I wrote it to be as polite as possible, or do you just see what you want to see? I was merely asking, there is no need to be so rude about it.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm sorry, did my post give off an air of narcissistic entitlement? Pretty sure I wrote it to be as polite as possible, or do you just see what you want to see? I was merely asking, there is no need to be so rude about it.

Don't mind him, he's trying to get a rise out of you.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just curious if there will ever be a chance we'll be able to downgrade to 9.2 from 10.4, or maybe be able to use a different firmware version to install cfw(wishful thinking).
It's unlikely this will be possible anytime soon, if ever. Get Cubic Ninja (or a Sky3DS) and downgrade from 10.1 to 9.2.

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Sorry that you missed the 10.3 update. If you have to pay 60 bucks for a cubic ninja why not look around and try if you can find a second hand blue button sky3ds? You may find one at this price and sky will offer more choices and can give you access to games with no new ap check in case you failed to downgrade and have to update to 10.4 to fix the softbrick. I hope it to be a success but we also need to consider the worst case scenario.

Last edited by wsquan171,

Mumsie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here's to hoping I can find cubic ninja for a decent price. Less than 60 bucks, I mean. It just bums me out that I have to spend even more money to do something I could have done for free merely 3 days ago. My timing is awful. Thank you all for your advice and input.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: