Hacking Can’t update to Rebug CFW 4.82

Frozen0tter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did the recent hack that allowed me to install Rebug 4.81 onto a OFW 4.82. Now I’m trying to update to the latest CFW but the ps3 won’t give me the option to update from storage. It just says 4.82 found and then says it’s corrupt. I have no official controller so Safe Mode is out of the question. Is it because the ps3 thinks the OFW is downloaded on ps3 already instead of scanning the internet and storage device? If so is there a way to delete this download using multiman to delve into system files. Any help would be appreciated.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try a different usb? The ps3 does not "think" it has ofw installed. Either your usb or download is corrupt.

Frozen0tter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tried new usb and fresh download. Still no option shows to update using storage after going in settings then update.

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats your folder structure of the USB?
is it formatted to FAT32?

The folder structure should be PS3>UPDATE>PS3UPDAT.PUP

Albireo6972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you use the right type (NAND/NOR). I know when I was doing my console I kept getting the same thing, well I found out that I was using the wrong type. I was chosing NOR, but I needed to choose NAND. Once I figure that out it worked.

Frozen0tter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The folders in the usb are correct PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP but my problem is my ps3 won’t give me the option to “update via storage” it just goes straight to “update 4.82” even with the ether cable pulled out and the usb disconnected. Then if I do click on that it say corrupt. So I think it’s got a corrupt 4.82 OFW still on there somewhere since I got Rebug 4.81. Basically with the internet off and no usb connected if I go to settings then update it just says “update 4.82 found” instead of giving me the option to “update via storage device”

Last edited by Frozen0tter,

Frozen0tter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have the update file on your HDD by any chance?
No I only have it on the usb stick. Which even when not connected and the ps3 isn’t connected to the internet it still finds an update from somewhere completely bypassing the chance to choose media storage. I driving me nuts now

Frozen0tter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd go into recovery and see if there's any way to clear the update
I’m going have to go buy an official DualShock then. All I have is a third party controller and it won’t work in safe mode. Wanted to avoid this the cheapest ones are like £22!

Frozen0tter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’m just going to recap what’s going on. I recently installed Rebug using the new hack with OFW 4.82. After successfully doing that it says I’m on 4.81. I want to install the latest Rebug 4.82. So I downloaded the Rebug update and put it on my USB in folders PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP. Now on my PS3 when I go to settings then update and press X it just says “Checking” then “update 4.82 found” giving me no option to “Update via storage media” if I click update it comes up with error. If I disconnect from internet and pull out usb it still finds update 4.82 from somewhere on the ps3. So I can’t get the option to update from usb to appear. I don’t have a official DualShock so safemode cant be done. Is there a way to find the corrupt downloaded 4.82 using multiman to rummage through the system files and delete it?

tpinkfloyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if you solved your issue or not but I had the same issue and solved it by going to SETTINGS>DEBUG>DEBUG SYSTEM UPDATE and turned that on. Even if you did figure it out and didn't post it at least others having the same issue might be able to try this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.