Hacking Can't update Priiloader + "hacks_hash.ini" not found

DudderButter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on Priiloader v.0.8.2 (along with IOS v80 + System Menu v513) and can't seem to update through the "Check for Update" option. It prompts me with an error when it's initializing my wifi. I ran a connection test before going to Priiloader. I also can't seem to open "System Menu Hacks", as it gives me the following issues:

tax error : expected 'version' before 'n' @ line 130
Can't find fat:/apps/priiloader/hacks_hash.ini
Can't find hacks_hash.ini on NAND

I have the hacks_hash.ini on my SD card where it's supposed to be. Though I'm unsure about the NAND issue. I tried finding answers myself to fix all this but it all led me straight to dead-ends...except to use ModMii? I'm pretty confused with all that.

Let me know if I'm missing any other important information.

Last edited by DudderButter,

DudderButter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have u tried just using modmii?
No. My initial thought was that it was some starter pack for softmodding the Wii, including all the steps for homebrew, backup loaders, etc. I softmodded my Wii last year through wii.guide and seem to be having problems as of now. If I were to use ModMii, where would I go from here?

The only things I had inserted was the SD card and a GameCube Memory Card. I took the MC out and the same errors still showed up.

Last edited by DudderButter,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
To start using modmii, just grab it, install it, and run the first/main wizard, answer the Q's as if the console were a virgin even if it's not, it's okay to repeat steps

But yeah, just reinstalling priiloader with the correct hacks_hash files should resolve the issue

Reactions: DudderButter

DudderButter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To start using modmii, just grab it, install it, and run the first/main wizard, answer the Q's as if the console were a virgin even if it's not, it's okay to repeat steps

But yeah, just reinstalling priiloader with the correct hacks_hash files should resolve the issue
Got it working again! Thank you for your help! I had no idea that it was okay to overwrite pre-existing files on the NAND. Guess I'll learn for next time something goes up. :yay:

Reactions: XFlak
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://imgur.com/gallery/u9ks4WH