Hacking Can't update N3DS to 10.5.0-30 properly.

bache

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just come home from a few weeks overseas, and I've learned that ReiNAND now supports the latest firmware for N3DS. I've got it all set up and booting properly, but I cannot for the life of me update the system. When I try and do it through the system settings, it's starts the update, but almost immediately fails and reboots the consoles. I then tried to download the firmware manually with 3DNUS, and install the CIAs with DevMenu, however it fails installing one of the CIAs. I have checked system settings, and it now reports that I am on 10.5.0-30, however I cannot access the eShop, and the web browser also tells me it can not be accessed at this time. My next thought was to try and install all of the CIAs to my EmuNAND using FBI 1.4.6, however I'm not entirely sure which destination should be selected. Can anybody elaborate on this please?

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I've just come home from a few weeks overseas, and I've learned that ReiNAND now supports the latest firmware for N3DS. I've got it all set up and booting properly, but I cannot for the life of me update the system. When I try and do it through the system settings, it's starts the update, but almost immediately fails and reboots the consoles. I then tried to download the firmware manually with 3DNUS, and install the CIAs with DevMenu, however it fails installing one of the CIAs. I have checked system settings, and it now reports that I am on 10.5.0-30, however I cannot access the eShop, and the web browser also tells me it can not be accessed at this time. My next thought was to try and install all of the CIAs to my EmuNAND using FBI 1.4.6, however I'm not entirely sure which destination should be selected. Can anybody elaborate on this please?
Do you have the TubeHax DNS setup on your 3DS? If so, change your DNS settings back to auto obtain and try again. If not, try installing the CIAs using BigBlueMenu, which will install any titles that aren't currently installed when manually updating.

bache

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have the TubeHax DNS setup on your 3DS? If so, change your DNS settings back to auto obtain and try again. If not, try installing the CIAs using BigBlueMenu, which will install any titles that aren't currently installed when manually updating.
Okay, now I feel really stupid. Yeah, I have TubeHax DNS set up. Tried removing it, and the update progressed, but ended up saying that the system was already up to date. On the upside, I can now use the browser and the eShop, but I'm still worried about that CIA that failed to install. What's strange is that the filename displayed by DevMenu doesn't actually exist in the firmware that I downloaded using 3DNUS. There's a similar CIA with the last 3 digits matching, but I'm not convinced it's the same. Either way though, I have a (partially) updated emuNAND that is functional, so I won't stress until something inevitably breaks :rofl:

Reactions: Bubsy Bobcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended